Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Them Crooked Vultures

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
AKA the new "supergroup" made up of Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters, Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age and John Paul Jones from Led Zep. Anyone else really excited about their album? I just heard one of their tunes on Radio 1 and thought it was awesome :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    AKA the new "supergroup" made up of Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters, Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age and John Paul Jones from Led Zep. Anyone else really excited about their album? I just heard one of their tunes on Radio 1 and thought it was awesome :thumb:

Have it on pre-order from iTunes, should be able to download in a few minutes. Am working on the assumption that it will be playing on my iPod for the next few weeks...
    The song is very good. Don't know if they're quite my thing (I guess I was expecting too much Zep-ness) but might steal the CD when Rich inevitably buys it.
    My copy of the album came yesterday :) On first listen I'd say it's like old QOTSA meets Raconteurs with hints of Cream and Bowie...not a bad combination but yeah I didn't notice any major Zep-ness unfortunately. I'd love to see them live though.
    It's pretty good, needs a couple of listens though... but then I say that about most of the best albums. Those that stick with me are always those that I don't "get" instantly...
    just youtubed it.

its very Bowie isnt it
    i got it yesterday and a few songs i really like (number 1,3 and 4 so far) but i need to listen to it more to get it properly i think. its in my car so thats usually a good way to start loving it :)
    Yeah I'm the same! I love number 12 too, Gunman.
    I've got their album and I must say I love. I love Homme's voice :heart:
    I have to say I was dissapointed with the band...I love them all individually but together they just dont do it for me at all!