Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dads!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the most embarrisng thing yours has ever done?

My dad picked me up from school in a spaceman costume... and on a skateboard... and he drove around these little roads in scotland pretending to be a ralley driver... and he plays a game called "peg peg" which involves clipping pegs to people and then texting them later with the words "peg peg"... and he told my friends he was a women... and he looks like captin Jack Sparrow so he always dresses like a pirate (some kid even thought he was captin Jack when we went to see the film)... and yeah! My dad is just odd.
But what tops it all off (and thank god I was not there) he went to a non-smoking course with work, he's a substance missuse advisor, and he took a cigar. And then, when asked how he would stop people smoking, he said he'd only sell fags from the back of a lorry that constantly moved at 15 miles an hour. And if you wern't fit enough, or you are too lazy, you wouldn't be able to buy them because you couldn't catch up. He then said that this might spark off a whole new crime though, of fit people being paid by smokers to run after the van and buy them ciggerates.

Now, my dad has about 5-10 years left to live, and it's these things that I know I'll look back on and smile. Even though now I am very very embarresed by him.
So, yeah, what's the most embarresing thing your dad ever did?
Xx

Comments

• Options
    sorry your dad has such a short time to live, but they sound like fab memories
  • Options
    Aww I know they'll be good to look back on. But at the moment... he is just embarresing! Lol x That's dads though... Well my dad at least.
    Xx
  • Options
    My dad once thought he was being cool...he was on a moped...it sounded like an angry mosquito.
  • Options
    Haha XD dad's and bikes ay! My dad's got 3 kwaks. I refuse to ever been seen on one with him.
    Xx
  • Options
    mines has stolen 8 grand off me, but this thread reminded me to chase him up about it
  • Options
    In the recent flooding we had here in Cumbria my dad got a police caution for shouting 'sad twat' at someone in a canoe in the floods, the guy started padding over to my dad shouting obscenities at him and they nearly got to fisticuffs while hurling abuse at each other.... my dad has said for years he hates the canoe guys in floods and i guess i realised how bitter he was :D

I have never really been embarassed by my dads antics since i was about 7 because we share the same sense of humor, like the time he blew the bonfire up on guy fawkes night because he put 5 litres of petrol on it, or the time he set himself on fire in the kitchen and turned around to me angrily and said 'next time i am on fire stop laughing and help me!!' like there was no doubt there would be a next time. :)

Hes fuckin crackers is my dad and i wouldn't ask for another!
  • Options
    Hahaha! I agree with your dad on the canoe thing!
    Xx
  • Options
    Fairly recently I was in an indian restaurant with my dad and they put the hot plates in the middle of the table, they said be careful these are hot so my dad holds the palms of his hands to them and says 'crikey you're not kidding, you could get a sun tan off of these'........yeh I'd like to see an indian with a suntan :sour:

He once picked me up from the train station when I had been out shopping with a friend and he was in his 2 seater sports car so I couldn't even offer my friend a lift and he came driving along the road doing these silly impersonations, when I got in the car I saw he was wearing bart simpson slippers!

The most embarassing thing is when he is driving, he beeps the horn and waves at random people!
  • Options
    He used to sing some really embarrassing songs to me.

A friend of mine once told me to do something which made me LOL, my dad saw it and repeated it.

I have both of my parents on Facebook. When I found out that I'd got into uni, he decided it was a good idea to mention it on FB. He also once spelt my name wrong on FB too.:rolleyes: When mum added me as a friend, my dad's response was "oh, you're friends with mummy now!"
  • Options
    My dad isnt really embarrassing as we find the same things funny;

putting pegs on peoples clothes without them noticing, mainly my nan,

slooowly filling up my nans bag with stones or conkers so it slowly gets heavier

beeping at random people and waving

honestly the list is endless!

The most embarrassing thing he does these days when loads of people are aorund is; so alex, how's your sex life?
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    yeh I'd like to see an indian with a suntan :sour:

Whatever do you mean?
  • Options
    Wow this thread has actually made me want to know what my real dad is like for the first time in 12 years. Even if he hasn't changed.

Dad dancing is the worst!
  • Options
    When my dad was drunk once, he tried making a cup of tea with hot water and popcorn. Quality:rolleyes:
  • Options
    My dad doesn't really do anything to cause me any embarrassment. Anything he does do, I just laugh at him.

If he drops me off anywhere, he will beep the horn once im out of the car and wave like a numpty.

He shouted 'Booooogies' really loud once when we were out. He actually didn't like all the attention he got.

Then there is the dancing. WTF!
  • Options
    I love dads :)
  • Options
    OH GOD! I forgot... now this is something no one knows happens. And I'm not supposed to say bbbuuuuttt

We were once in asda (me and ma dad) and he had his MP4 player on. Now, the song he was listening to is an old sea shanty- it was covered by the sex pistols I think. I can't remeber the name. But it's verrrryyyyy rude. He was listening to it, and he still had the transmit on, on his Mp4 which is how you play it through the radio ect. And the radio station they had on in asda was what it was tuned to.
    So, this song was playing really loud in asda and all the staff were running round trying to figure out what had happened. It was so funny!!

And as for dad dancing- don't even go there. :no:

Hey! At least my dad isn't the only embarresing one tho XD
    Xx
  • Options
    OH GOD! I forgot... now this is something no one knows happens. And I'm not supposed to say bbbuuuuttt

We were once in asda (me and ma dad) and he had his MP4 player on. Now, the song he was listening to is an old sea shanty- it was covered by the sex pistols I think. I can't remeber the name. But it's verrrryyyyy rude. He was listening to it, and he still had the transmit on, on his Mp4 which is how you play it through the radio ect. And the radio station they had on in asda was what it was tuned to.
    So, this song was playing really loud in asda and all the staff were running round trying to figure out what had happened. It was so funny!!

And as for dad dancing- don't even go there. :no:

Hey! At least my dad isn't the only embarresing one tho XD
    Xx

Hahaha oooops.

My dad turned the volume up really loud on one of the computers in pc world. He ran over to me, with a big grin on his face so I knew he had done something. Next thing theres a loud voice - a demo video for something - and then a few of the staff were running over to the computer to turn the sound down.
  • Options
    wearing a cycling thing thats like the wrestlers clothes that expose his nipples and not wearing a t-shirt with it...and then going out into public...lol

also walking in to the room i was in with my mates wearing cycle shorts and saying "yes, thats right, theres no socks in there"...i was nearly sick with laughter as my mates just looked at him in complete shock
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    also walking in to the room i was in with my mates wearing cycle shorts and saying "yes, thats right, theres no socks in there"...i was nearly sick with laughter as my mates just looked at him in complete shock

That just tops them all curly_boy.... :lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The only thing I can think of is this:

When my little siblings (twins) were 2 months old, my dad and stepmum would put them in those belly pouches and go for a walk, as it would help them sleep.
    I had gone with them at some point and when we were passing through the village square (some people around but not many) and the babies were already asleep, my dad took my sister's hands (he was carrying her) and started dancing and "singing" the melody of a dance (like "pam pam ram pam pam") as if they were dancing together.
  • Options
    My dad's fairly quiet, but prob most embarrassing is when I was shopping for my first bra and he picked one up, shook it and went "what about this one?" and I ran after him and kicked him. I think I got that bra though ...

He's more annoying though in the things he constantly repeats - "ooh it's cold when you move" :banghead:
    At intersections: "as soon as it's clear one way, the other way isn't!" :banghead:
    And constantly talks about how he did on the golf course. I don't care.
    I do love him though. As annoying as his one liners are.