Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who is keeping up with X Factor!? I love that show! I wish jedward :heart: was still on!
let me know your opinions!
Cheers!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How come you've named yourself after the hospital? I'm only curious because I had several operations there when I was very young.
    I wish for nothing more than slow and painful death for Simon Cowell and everyone associated with the X Factor, accompanied by the sounds of the indescribably thing that passes for music that they have subjected the world to.

Those people wouldn't know art if it came and brutally and wholly fatally sodimised them. Which I hope it would.
    I :heart: x factor.

I want Joe or Olly to win, and hope that Daniel goes tomorrow, that guy creeps me out I don't know what it is as I thought he was fab at his audition, but since the live shows I totally went off him.
    I love the XFactor. Looking forward to tomorrow night - Michael Jackson night
    No one on X factor can sing, including the judges.
    Xx

Those people wouldn't know art if it came and brutally and wholly fatally sodimised them. Which I hope it would.

Well, of course it's not art. But so what? Does every single piece of culture and entertainment we consume have to be art, or somehow edifying?

I'm not advocating philistinism, I love great music and great literature. But you know, sometimes I want to read a novel by Dostoyevsky, and sometimes I want to read Harry Potter. Sometimes I want to watch The Lives of Others, other times I want to watch X Factor. Does it matter?
    jamelia wrote: »
    Does it matter?

Nope. Still a load of shite though. ;)
    Well, of course it's not art. But so what? Does every single piece of culture and entertainment we consume have to be art, or somehow edifying?

I'm not advocating philistinism, I love great music and great literature. But you know, sometimes I want to read a novel by Dostoyevsky, and sometimes I want to read Harry Potter. Sometimes I want to watch The Lives of Others, other times I want to watch X Factor. Does it matter?

:yes:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Nope. Still a load of shite though. ;)

:D

Of course, but I still bloody love it.

Same way that sometimes I want a rare fillet steak, and sometimes I want a McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese.

Totally with you on this.

I don't think X Factor is high-quality viewing. I would never try to suggest to anyone that it's high-quality viewing. I just like it. It's like a dirty pot noodle for my brain :thumb:
    Olly to win i think hes brill hes the only person who ive not got bored of watching i think he would be great to see in concert if he made it big cus he has got real stage presence :)
    i think its great fun. I want joe to win
    No one on X factor can sing, including the judges.
    Xx

Um, don't know if you're watching the same X Factor as me. It's obv totally staged and contrived, but a few of them are undeniably talented. I think Lucie in particular has a really beautiful voice - not that it helped her!

None of it is really the kind of music I would choose to listen to, but that's by the by.
    I only watch it for the auditions period, where it is funny.
    Found a really great article about Joe and his history about being unhappy and overweight. He has been helping out at the Get Fit site for Great Ormond Street to help people get fit and healthy! I'm hoping he wins this weekend, think he is lovely x
    Found a really great article about Joe and his history about being unhappy and overweight. He has been helping out at the Get Fit site for Great Ormond Street to help people get fit and healthy! I'm hoping he wins this weekend, think he is lovely x

I don't think you saw my original question but I see you've named yourself accordingly. I was interested because I had at least 10 operations there on my then two eyes but now it's one eye.
    Hey Monserrat, good to hear from you! How's everything going with your eyes? Hope you are doing well! x