Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hat on straight needles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, i've been trying to find a pattern to knit a hat on straight needles. The only ones i can find are pretty ugly/boring. I'm not a great knitter, this will only be my third project...but i'm prepared to give anything a go.

Thank you my pretties

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    why do you want to use straights? circs are rather simple to use. honestly :)

as for an answer, i don't know of any interesting patterns. sorry.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because i dont have any circular needles, well i do but not in the size i need for the yarn im using
    Amira wrote: »
    because i dont have any circular needles, well i do but not in the size i need for the yarn im using

fair enough. what about adapting one of the patterns you have already seen? add something interesting but use one of the plain ones as a template? just an idea :)

(this is really laura, i've hijacked t'hubby's account :p )
    haha i was wondering why he was replying to this, i was about to say wow you've trained him well! :p

I think its the shape of the straight needle one that puts me off, i just bought a pattern for a circular needle one that i like and i'll see what i can do with what i have.

Thanks Laura :)