Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Problems with eating/drinking weed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

So I recently tried cannabis following an idea from Morrocan Roll, I used vodka and weed, after an hour and a bit nothing had happened, so my guy gave me the equivalent to what he would consider to be approximately the equivalent of 4 spliffs worth which was then warmed in butter for over half an hour and then added to chocolate. Still nothing a further hour and half away.

So I wonder if there is something wrong with either me or the way I have preparared the chocolate. I know there was nothing wrong with the quality of the cannabis and although my next idea would be to use a vapouriser it would be a shame to purchase something that would in the end not be used again if I am immune to the effects.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences that would help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its quite common for people not to feel much from their first time, I'd try it again and see how you feel - if you did want to try it that is.

Secondly though I wouldn't bother heating it for that long, there really isn't any need.
    Thanks for the reply, I will have to see what happens next time then.
    Bungs right ...it often don't work the first ...few times.
    i can almost certainly tell you right now that that if you added weed to vodka you instantly ruin the cannabis because the alcohol will destroy all the trichomes (the stuff that actually gets you high) upon contact..

and if your cooking with cannabis, theres methods to do it correctly.

other than those there is no real explanation as to why the cannabis didnt work other than it was of very poor quality and the person you got it from taking advantage (it happens)
    JaeTea wrote: »
    i can almost certainly tell you right now that that if you added weed to vodka you instantly ruin the cannabis because the alcohol will destroy all the trichomes (the stuff that actually gets you high) upon contact..

and if your cooking with cannabis, theres methods to do it correctly.

)

You really have no idea what your talking about.
    cOOKING WITH IT IS A DODDLE AND CANNABIS DISOLVED IN ALCOHOL AS A MEANS OF INGESTION IS CENTURIES OLD.
    Be careful giving advice in this section.
    Oh really? because any SPIRIT as a dissolvant is exactly that, a DISSOLVANT, it DISSOLVES majority of the crystals, but in turn doesnt transfer the same strength, RATIO is very important when mixing it with alcohol AND too much wont work!! The only way its possible to truly get HIGH in any form or create any potent drink is to use very little alcohol, because if you add it to bottles the ration pretty much makes the outcome void. Try researching REAL, TRIED, TESTED methods of mixing cannabis with alcohol rather than telling me (who has researched it) im wrong, Yes it may be centuries old but i can assure you, that anymore than just enough alcohol to submerge a decent amount of pre-ground cannabis will only result in you getting drunk, oh might i add its also a KNOWN method to use a high proof alcohol.

But jsut for you twinkle heres a method you can retry for alcohol consumption.. Grind a decent amount of the cannabis into a powder then add to a airtight container along with just enough alcohol to submerge the powder and make sure the lid is on and it is airtight, leave for 2 to 4 weeks, after this period.. strain the liquid so you remove the plant matter and then use as a mixer (dont drink it straight, it will be a greenish colour and isnt a good idea)

Oh and your right.. Cooking with it is a doddle, if you know how, a first time user attempting to cook with cannabis is just going to ruin it. When your making a "weed butter" theres alot more to it than just heating it with butter for 30 mins.. for example to get true BUD BUTTER it would require the cannabsi to be ground to a powder, added to butter and then a "double boiler" on a low heat for around 24hrs, jsut make sure it doesnt dry out.. And the result is a nice green butter that will blow your head off =D

i hope that advice is "more carefull"
    Your a googler.
    But saying that ...does Google use words such as ...dissolvent?
    Oh really? because any SPIRIT as a dissolvant is exactly that, a DISSOLVANT, it DISSOLVES majority of the crystals, but in turn doesnt transfer the same strength, RATIO is very important when mixing it with alcohol AND too much wont work!!

Do you have any understanding of physics? The chemicals in the weed purely become a solution when added to the alcohol, because (unlike in water) THC is soluble in alcohol. You don't change the nature of the THC at all. You could quite probably heat off the alcohol and be left with the crystals, although because cannabis has a reasonably low boiling point this may be very difficult.
    Half baked ideas and foolishness passed off as knowledge can be most dangerous in this kind of advice forum.
    ahh budda. yes i do have an understanding of physics, but WOW to my surprise i also have an understanding of chemistry, and the act of dissolving, solubles/solution ect.. troll? if you read my other post i said u must use high alcohol content, and ok so i wasnt as clear as i could have been, but i meant that adding weed to a bottle of vodka overnight isnt going to do anything to you, and unless its a HELL of alot of weed, wont EVER do anything to you.. again its about RATIO.. Ive been smoking and doing this shit for a good 10yrs..

And morrocan roll .. half baked ideas? and dangerous? its obvious you are blatantly oblivious yourself to these "doddle" cooking methods and the "century old methods".. i left warnings and trust me my method of preparing both are legit and work, i can gurantee NOBODY will be saying "it didnt work" after trying them.. and besides being really high, its safe (maybe not so much the alcohol.. especially straight because then its pure and mixing THC with alcohol is a bad idea anyway), but someone asked why.. im helping.

anyways, Try and flame me as much as you like, and feel free to assume i use google because i know what im talking about as much as you like, i honestly dont care, i was replying to twinkle, and twinkle, you can trust me, from an experienced user/grower that the 2 methods i posted are fine.. just follwo what i wrote and your set, and enjoy it.
    who said the thc goes into the vodka overnight?

i thought i read longer the better?
    that is correct ^ but like i have said ratio is important, throwing a lil bit of weed into a litre or more of vodka WONT WORK regardless of how long u leave it in there..

Best bet is 4 weeks.. and enough vodka/whiskey to submerge finely ground weed.. and your better using high proof alcohol because the lower the proof the less alcohol and the less alcohol the more diluted it is, and diluted alcohol = no deal
    Ive been smoking and doing this shit for a good 10yrs..

I've been doing this shit a tad longer than that.
    my bfs cousin can smoke as much as she likes and doesnt get any effect off it.
    Some people are just like that
    i thought the ratio was obvious, still i think it will work just as good as good as one shot of vodka on a ounce of weed, just the strength will be weaker :)
    I went through the stage of not feeling anything my first couple of times and that was actually through smoking rather than eating it.

What's the reason for that anyway? I think I smoked it twice and then the third time was the time it actually hit me.
    I was smoking when this record out ...http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/The+Dolphins/5926941
    masewell just have a bucket or a bong
    adding weed to a bottle of vodka overnight isnt going to do anything to you, and unless its a HELL of alot of weed, wont EVER do anything to you.. again its about RATIO.. Ive been smoking and doing this shit for a good 10yrs..
    Who ever said you should dissolve weed in a bottle of vodka??
    masewell just have a bucket or a bong

Some people find smoking disgusting though or just find it an unpleasant irritant.
    The guy with the bad advice and lack of understanding seems to have gone not to return.
    He seemed very confused and that can result in bad even dangerous advice in a place like this.
    One moment he's saying alcohol will destroy the cannabis next he's saying you need really high proof alcohol for it to work.
    :chin:
    Who ever said you should dissolve weed in a bottle of vodka??

Ideally it should be weeks even months and shook often and then filtered.
    You end up with a very nice drink known as green dragon.
    I thought we were talking about a shot of vodka and say an eighth of weed... do you mean the same, just scaled up? I've only ever used butter or fat before so alcohol is a new one.
    I thought we were talking about a shot of vodka and say an eighth of weed... do you mean the same, just scaled up? I've only ever used butter or fat before so alcohol is a new one.

An eigth in one shot ...sounds a bit strong!
    Someone I know who grows in the greenhouse for personal use ...saves the bud for the smoke but the leaves go into bottles of vodka sometimes.
    They sit soaking for months with the occasional good shake.
    Then filtered and ready for serving and what a drink.

Small ammounts ...half a bottle of vodka ...bung some weed in ammount according to need ...shake as much as possible for a few days ...leave standing in a warm place ...shake some more and you'll have a nice stone for the weekend.
    A few days isn't ideal as you will probably not dissolve all the goodies but does it really matter?