Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ways to subsidise income?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm working in retail management atm doing on average 45 hours a week (non-salaried) but recently anywhere upto 57.5 hours a week. My shifts can be quite erratic so taking on a second job would be pretty damn tough. Sunday afternoons are the only time of the week I can guarentee I won't be working.

I'm trying to get as much together as possible because I'm planning on a 12 month round the world trip.

I'm basically just looking for ways I can boost my income in my spare time, nothing too boring, nothing too imaginative!! Already done the whole ebay thing flogging off old clutter. Was looking into 'matched betting', apparently with a bit of research there's some decent money to be made in that. Would rather steer clear of this route though!! :o

Any input appreciated guys :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe try just cutting back on spending as opposed to trying to make more money?
    hotukdeals is updated all the time with new stuff so you can find bargains
    quidco for cashback
    moneysavingexpert has loads of tips on scrimping and saving as well

Failing these...medical trials pay well for generally quite low risk (just make sure you thoroughly check them out first). and sponsorship events don't always have to be for charity, a few of my friends did a sponsored run not long ago to raise money for their final year project costs, maybe use one of those sponsor me type websites, send the link out to all your friends and arrange to do something wacky