Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don't Want My Close Friend!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok. Well I'm new here. but I dont know what else to do. So here goes.

Recently, a close friend and I have become really distant. And I can deal with that because to be quite honest, I dont really want to be "best friends" anymore. I just want her as a friend. But anyhow, back to my point. I now feel awful because I'm thinking this way. She still calls me her best friend but I just dont feel that close anymore. We both have other groups of friends (and I have so much more fun with them). But she always says she misses me being around when they go out etc. I dont know how to tell her I've moved on without hurting her. Any advice?

Also, (should probably post this somewhere else), I've been feeling really low the last 5days or so. Dont want to eat, can't sleep, constantly shaking, feel cold then suddenly hot, cry a lot, occasionally digging my nails into my skin so hard it bleeds. Can't go for a relaxing bath because I get thoughts of drowning myself. Another friend of mine has a past containing self harm. And still does to some extent. I need to be there for them, but at this moment in time, I can't face being strong and supportive. Because all want to do is curl up on my bed and cry. If anyone can suggest something, I'd be very thankful.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just don't call her anymore and make up excuses when she wants to meet up. She will get the jist soon enough. It's not the most gentleman-y thing to do, but I think it's the easiest way out for both of you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Given your age (15), don't panic. You are growing up and your feelings towards your friends are changing. It is a disturbing time of life that all of us go through. Not all of us have feelings of self-harm, but lots do. The problem is that we all mature at different rates and people who have been "best friends" for years, suddenly seem immature and irrelevant.

We all come through these times in one way or another. It is nice to keep childhood friends, but equally it is important to recognise that not all friendships survive into adulthood. It is normal to "drop" friends from time to time. Just try not to be hurtful about it. Then, when you meet aged 30+, you needn't be embarrassed about not keeping in touch!!!