Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

:/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So i have been reading on the internet that flouride is in fluoxetine and that chemical 'makes you stupid' and is generally not good for humans...
why am i on it? make me stupid and i won't feel crazy anymore..?
does anybody have anything to add, just any information because i would rather not lose what intelligence i have because of some stupid thoughts, mind numbing boredom, and miserableness. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fluoride-containing compounds are so diverse that it is not possible to generalise on their toxicity. Fluoride is added to our drinking water without any ill-effects and so I would imagine that the fluoride in your treatment is fine.
    good! thanks, i don't need to be more paranoid. lol
    Hi Nutter:wave:

If you have concerns about any prescribed medication you are taking its probably best to discuss it with you G.P and get things clarified.

Take care and keep posting.
    B:yes:
    So i woke up at 4:10am and had thoughts of wanting to throw myself down the stairs...
    i didn't, i'm ok now... but sheesh...
    i used to get some suicidal thoughts but not any that would wake me up like that. O.o
    heya,
    i used to be on fluoxetine but ive been taken off AD's for now....im on alot of quetiapine which is an anti psychotic and im not psychotic so not sure what is happening with that.....i was supposed to have an appointment for a review of my medication but yeh not had one. so ive been on a huge dose like 600mg of it every nite and since the beginning of october - no review and im not sure that it works but i am worried about coming off it as i was really bad when i came off my anti depressants.
    i get suicidal thoughts as well and they really freak me out - like seriously cutting myself to make myself bleed out and stuff - i know that i don't want to do this but sometimes it is overwhelming and then i panic about going to sleep or about being somewhere on my own ya know......

sorry my rant over - yeh go and chat to your gp or talk to a pharmacist and they will be able to discuss their choice to put you on fluoxetine and what the side effects are.
    Hi there!

Sounds like you've had some bad experiences flower and maybe it would be helpful for you to try and initiate that review about your medication if its not working for you?
    Worrying about coming off medication happens for a lot of people - check with your GP about when to do it and remember to take it really slowly - our bodies don't like fast change any more than we do. And try to up the levels of other sorts of support you're getting (good food, exercise, seeing trusted friends, no horrid exam periods etc) when you do make the shift so that you can give yourself an easier time.

Good luck to both of you getting the right levels for you :)