Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help; (Implant)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry, it's soso long.

I asked for the implant the start of the month and they said i should wait until i come on my periods incase i was pregnant. I came on my periods on the 3rd November 09 which is 12 days earlier than what i usually do. I got the implant put in on the 4th November 2009, i had unprotected sex on the 6th November 2009; around now i was coming of the bleeding was a brownish colour. My boyfriend did come inside of me and ever since the 6th he has. Was i meant to wait for the implant to take effect? We have had unprotected sex before when i was on no contraceptive but i wouldnt of had my periods if i was pregnant would i? I dont know whether to put these symptoms down to being pregnant or the implant. I suffer from really bad miagrianes and i havent had the for a while but they came back a few weeks ago so ive been taking my medication for them. Could these prevent the implant from working properly. There called imigrain50. The symptoms i have been experiencing are looking and feeling bloated, bad headaches, the start of the week i couldnt stop eating now i feel as if i dont want to eat; except prawn crackers - ive been craving them, breast's hurt and they look slightly bigger to me, urinating more than i usually do and im not constipated but im finding it a little to go, sleeping loads, or feeling the need to sleep. I was going to take a pregnancy test to put my mind at rest but what if it comes back positive? Im only 16 and i wouldnt know how to tell my boyfriend :nervous:

Please help, thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    I cant be much help with the implant part, as a take the pill......but just make an appointment at family planning to take a test....the symptons you have been having do sound very close to the symptons of pregnancy:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/earlypregnancysymptoms.html

but, i would ring up NHS line/your doctor/GP/family planning for advice.

I would advise that if you do take a test, make an appointment at family planning and te it there, you will have all the advice you will need right there, they will support you, and they will go through the different options if the test comes back positive.

Really sorry your in this situation!

keep us posted :)
  • Options
    Hi, with regards to the waiting time, I switched from Microgynon (pill) to Implanon and was advised to continue with the pill/use back up contraception in addition to the implant for 7 days after its insertion, so I think it might not be fully effective straight away. However, I don't know whether this advice depends on where you are in your cycle when it's inserted. I'm not a medical professional but I think it would be unlikely that migraines would affect Implanon, it's not like the pill where having a bad stomach or something can mean it is less effective. I'd go with the advice above and take a test at a family planning clinic. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    I had one in for a year and it made me paic, anxious, irritable and killed my sex drive. In the end I had it taken out and am back to my laid back self. I lost my BF because of it but the Drs didnt want me to take it out, it took alot of visits before they agreed to. I have a coil now (painful for like a day or two) and havent felt any bad signs.

Also, about the brownish goo coming out that doesnt seem to stop! I had that for like a month when I had the implant and it made me feel horrible! Then I got it now and again every month the whole time I had the thing in. But no actual periods. If it feels wrong for you, have it taken out and look for another method. These things effect everyone differently.
  • Options
    i had the implant
    and i was eatn loads
    i was getting the sick feeling the bloating and everything
    but put loads of weight on so i had it taken out

you shud defanatly take a pregnancy test thats the only way to know
    good luck