Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chipped tooth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i feel like its a bit pointless posting this, cause its literally the tinyest chip known to man, but im quite worried, cause i try to look after my teeth, and here i've managed to put a wee chip at the bottom of one of my top front teeth. Its not painful, but im slightly worried im gonna make it weaker somehow, before i can get to the dentist to get it filed down or whatever, anyone got any tips on what i can do, or is it unlikely i'll make things worse?

Comments

• Options
    I have only half a tooth on the front... you know the bloke from red hot chilli peppers? My tooth is like that. I don't have a nerve in it anymore... I was showing off on my BMX and fell down the hill and chipped it.
    Anyway- I would saym if you can go the dentist and get it checked out. Because the tooth can get weaker, my back ones did, and they get really thin and always feel like they are gonna snap. Your dentist will probs say it's alright, but it's worth a check.
    Xx
  • Options
    If it is the smallest chip, they might not even fill it, but just sand it down, for lack of better words :p My bottom teeth became all rough from tiny chips from a tongue piercing and thats what they did for that.
  • Options
    I got a chip knocked off my tooth once and didn't think anything of it.

A few weeks later it cracked in half lengthways and half of it fell out.

I'd get it seen to if I was you.
  • Options
    yeah, im calling my dentist tomorrow hopefully get seen in the next few days, i dont think its a big deal, but im pretty vain about my teeth, and definately i'd rather play it safe than risk it getting any worse.
  • Options
    Yep.

I was lucky that it was one of my baby teeth that had never fallen out and just got pushed out of place so it wasn't obvious, although I have pretty awful teeth anyway.
  • Options
    My teeth where perfect until I hit 7- when my last baby tooth fell out. It's been downhill from there :-(
    Xx