Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What facebook "POCK" means?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So what it's for?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't you mean "poke" in Facebook? I never saw the point of it. I just see it as glorified smilies, as with virtual beer and hugs. If you want that sort of stuff and for it to be personal, then just do it in instant messeging.
    Poking is generally seen as a litle flirting tool - you poke somebody, means you probably 'would'. But not always. Sometimes its just seen as a way to get somebodys attention for example a friend you havent seen in a while.
    There hasnt been any proper definition but this is my understanding of the function.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Don't you mean "poke" in Facebook? I never saw the point of it. I just see it as glorified smilies, as with virtual beer and hugs. If you want that sort of stuff and for it to be personal, then just do it in instant messeging.
    yah i mean "POKE", sorry for typo mistake.
    icey wrote: »
    Poking is generally seen as a litle flirting tool - you poke somebody, means you probably 'would'. But not always. Sometimes its just seen as a way to get somebodys attention for example a friend you havent seen in a while.
    There hasnt been any proper definition but this is my understanding of the function.

seriously? lol I poke lots of people, to me it's just a way to get attention or like saying 'hallo'.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    seriously? lol I poke lots of people, to me it's just a way to get attention or like saying 'hallo'.
    Which would the the 2nd part of the definition i said then :p
    ah fair enough, i just meant i was surprised some people use it to indicate people you 'would' as it were :P
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    ah fair enough, i just meant i was surprised some people use it to indicate people you 'would' as it were :P

I think people do use it like that, as a way of flirting

Saw a group on there once called 'Lets Stop Poking Each Other and Just Have Sex'
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Saw a group on there once called 'Lets Stop Poking Each Other and Just Have Sex'

lox ;)
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I think people do use it like that, as a way of flirting

Well why dont we then?
    MrG wrote: »
    Well why dont we then?

You havent poked me yet...
    Me n my mate poke each other all the time, no reason for it we just do :)
    Why does MrG get all the action? I've poked everyone on this forum...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh .. so that's why i woke up the other day with a sore ass and a fiver in my hand! ;)
    Teagan wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh .. so that's why i woke up the other day with a sore ass and a fiver in my hand! ;)

:eek2: I'm not gettin facebook poked just for that!:nervous:
    I expect my change of £4.99

Teagan told me that you implied it was a tip for the dip... :lol: