Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

skin condition on neck and under armpits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have had this skin condition come up on the back of my neck and also under both armpits, it is really dry and especially in the summer its getting worse, it goes darker.
The bit on my neck is always itchy, during my pregnancy it was worse, however i was told the body has weird reactions to pregnancy and it cant always be exlained.

I assumed after pregnancy it would dissapear and it did, unfortunately a few months later it came back and its stayed for a while now?

No one has caught this from me so it cant be contagious, if anyone has an idea as to what this could be id appreciate it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    is it scabby or is it just darker skin. I cant tell from the picture
    Your best bet by far is to go to your GP. Noone here is qualified to tell you what it is, and even if your GP isn't sure they can refer you to a dermatologist who should be able to help you. All the best x
    if its just discolouration, then thats very common in pregnancy. Your skin produces more pigment. Some people get this thing called the mask of pregnancy (google it)
    I got a dark patch on my forehead my last two pregnancys, but its mostly gone now.
    Hi, Thanks for all your replys.

Its not just darker skin, it is slightly differant from my normal skin, i can feel the differance if i run my fingers over it...

Ive not gone to the gp yet because im not sure if they can help me because past bad exeriences where theyve not helped :confused:
    maybe its a type of cradle cap or eczema or maybe its even some sort of fungal infection.
    I would definitely see your gp
    I once had a fungal infection which started on my neck and then spread. I had to rub dandruff shampoo onto it to get rid of it. Occassionally it comes back but I leave the shampoo on it overnight then rinse it off in the morning, after about a week or so it disappears. It is normally quite itchy though. I think it is contagious.

Not sure that's what you have got, it is hard to tell from a pic. Best thing to do would be to visit your GP.