Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

post of the week

Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
Hello peeps

it's post of the week time again.

this week the theme is relationships. Other halves eh? Can't live with 'em, can't legally kill 'em!

To kick us off I'm going to nominate Broken Angel for her wise reply to Isa_J's thread about having a boyfriend her parents dont like.

BA demonstrates wisdom beyond her years when she says:
Hunny, you can be with who you love. I understand your culture may differ to others, but you can make your own choices by law (well you can in U.K anyway) and I'm pretty sure there is no law that forces you to do as your parents say once you are an adult.

Some people do leave behind their parents for a new life. But this is something you obviously don't wish to do. So, if I was you, I'd introduce them to your boyfriend. They will hopefully see he isn't that bad. And besides, if we all only went with someone the same race, culture and intelligence as us what would the world become?

Also, this might be the only life we get- who knows. So live it how you want to live it, and not how your parents want you to. Imagen if you had a child, would you want them to have to hide their boyfriend from you because he was different?
Xxx

You've got til friday to get your nominations in - remember if you nominate you'll get a prize (as will the person who wins).

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I nominate this from the 'perfect day' thread.
    If my friend came over with two full meals of Double Fronts fried chicken with mozzarella fence posts, a bag full of weed, and a cat.

It's the cat that got me. :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OoOoO I've been nominated... how fun-derful.
    Xx