Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Break

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've bent the ear of my poor colleague all day so thought I'd come on here and just update my post about me and my boyfriend.

This morning I went round to his before work and initiated a break. Not having ever believed in them before, we're both confused as to how this works but all I said was that I wouldn't be going out on the pull and that we need time apart, we've become friends and I never wanted this to happen.

Keep going from being OK about it (because I know the ball is in his court if he wants to change) and then bawling my eyes out because I don't know if he can.

:(

weep

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    heya,
    it does depend on whether both you and him have the same definition of what a break is.....have you spoken to him about this??? if he truely wants to make i work he will not go out and try to pull....do you trust him not to do so???
    xx
    I trust him not to pull, the thing I'm worried about is that he won't change (he is a ridiculous workaholic and in nearly 3 years my best friends have met him twice because he doesn't feel the need the go out, make an effort with people that won't benefit his career)

When you keep asking someone to go out, let's get dressed up and go to the cinema, take a walk, and getting told "nah let's just stay in" after 3 years enough is enough
    I think this is a good idea. You sound like you need some space to think.

It's normal to be confused, and to have doubts about whether you're doing the right thing. You are giving him the opportunity to change. Whether he wants to, or even whether he can, you're just going to have to wait and see.