Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

being nice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When is kindness hard to express? Why?
I am male, single and alone. I come across as stupid for being 'opinionated'; so it is causing me problems.

Comments

• Options
    its good to have opinions, but sometimes theres a time and a place for them.

I know a guy who honestly finds riled up over anything and its pretty exhausting just chatting to him.

Unfortunately i dunno really what to say to help, other than it might help to assess the situation before barrelling in with your views, cause i'd assume thats whats causing the issues. Just stop, think, and if you throwing in your 2p is gonna dramatically alter the tone of the conversation in a negative way. dont do it.

Sorry this is probably all easier said than done, but theres very little concrete advice i can give you
  • Options
    Are you one of those guys that has an opinion and everyone elses opinion is wrong? because i know guys and girls like that and it annoys the hell out of a lot of people.

Basically what thief has said.
    Make sure your point is relevant to the conversation and make sure the way you say it doesn't come across as one of those conversation stoppers.
  • Options
    I know girls like that too.