Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Worried about cancer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quite a while back I had a big talk with my mom as I had to improve my lifestyle etc and didn't know why she had brought this up. She had then went on about how several cancers have killed at least one of every generation in my family as far back as we have managed to go. Cancers like, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Non-Hodgkins-Lymphoma, Leukiemia, Breast Cancerm and another of which i cant remember. However, i know Brain Cancer isn't, and it seems that just above my ear it gets extremely sore and the pain can last up to 2 / 3 weeks even nurofen and things like that doesn't make the pain go away and i panice thinking i might have a tumour. I might just be over reacting but I really dont like the idea of getting cancer. Cause ever single one of my family that has had cancer on my moms side has died. Does anyone know any signs that will show i might have any of them? There is only my sister and I in this generation and I'm extremely scared because I wonder most of the time if its me that will get it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    heya,
    if you are concerned about cancer then i would suggest going to ur gp and explaining your symptoms xx
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    flower123 wrote: »
    heya,
    if you are concerned about cancer then i would suggest going to ur gp and explaining your symptoms xx

:yes: definitely - or as a starting point you could call NHS direct. Which country are you in?

Anyhow, I've moved your posts into their own thread so you can have a separate discussion so not to derail the original posters other thread. :)
    I don't think I have any of the syptoms, I just want to be aware.. so if anyone knows anything please let me know. I would be very grateful.
    Could it not be a migraine i get this pain as well. It hurts like hell and pretty much nothing gets rid of it and it can last for weeks. Go to your Drs and see what they say, there is loads of medications you can try for it.
    The worry can make symptoms last longer well things such as headaches and dizziness but it'll not do you any harm getting it checked out.