Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Travel and going out forums

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
They only have about 2,000 threads in total so we were thinking about merging the two. :chin:

Any thoughts on this and if you think it's a good idea, what would a good new name be?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeh, i reckon its a good idea, something like 'out and about' or 'exploration' ...i dunno lol, im crap at ideas!
  • Options
    i think it is a good idea :)
  • Options
    i have no feelings on the issue
  • Options
    But...But i don't like change!
  • Options
    I think going out goes better with entertainment than it does with travel.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Can I ask -are there any significant drawbacks to having 2 boards instead of one?
    I'm asking because I really don't see the reason to merge. They might both be about temporarily leaving home, but they still have a very different content...
  • Options
    Nice idea. If it's the two combined, you could call it "Free Time & hobbies".
  • Options
    Can I ask -are there any significant drawbacks to having 2 boards instead of one?
    I'm asking because I really don't see the reason to merge. They might both be about temporarily leaving home, but they still have a very different content...

the benefit is if its only one board, someone might visit because theyre interested in travel, and then see a board about going out that they feel they could contribute to. so both 'boards' get more activity and more discussion, instead of threads for example in volunteering where they are lucky if they get 3/4 replies (and they will usually be mods and OP!).
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kat_B wrote: »
    I think going out goes better with entertainment than it does with travel.

Good point. Often when festival season comes around people have a tendency to post about them in entertainment and lots of going out stuff relate back to entertainmentv topics. :chin: