Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bad tummy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I get this every so often and have had it two days in a row now so I thought I'd ask. It is just a really painful tummy. It feels like somebody is stabbing me and I've drank acid. It isn't gas or poops or nausea. It doesn't happen right after eating, yesterday and today it had been several hours since eating that it started so I can't imagine it is food related.

I've tried ginger (which has always cured every other tummy ailment I've had) and things for indigestion and stuff but nothing helps. I usually sit and suffer the rest of the day and night until I go to bed and then when I wake up in the morning it is fine.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything like this and if they have any tips on what might help. Thanks!

If it means anything it always is the lower belly in the middle and left.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey my name :wave:

tummy problems can be really painful but honestly it could be so many different things. I would say you're best to make an appointment to see your gp and in the mean time take a look at the NHS Direct website.

Hope you get some relief,

dp :heart:
    Thank you, though I am in the US and I'd rather not waste money to see a doctor because of a tummy ache, thats what mommies and papas and hugs are for ;) Plus I'm sure my doctor has much better things to do with her time :p

Just thought I'd see if anybody else ever experienced anything and if they had a remedy.
    maybe try peppermint tea, or peppermint oil capsules.
    You might have a touch of IBS or something?
    I just looked up IBS and a related link was spastic colon, hehehe. :razz:

Peppermint tea sounds nice, I shall give that a try, thanks!