Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feeling panicky when he leaves

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been with my bf since january and pretty much everything is good

but when he leaves i start to feel really panicky, my heart rases and i wanna cry... i turn into a right mopey ***** even tho i know he be back in a few hours.

i dont want to be the controlling always wanna be around him type, i just dont understand why i get like this.

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey lil_krissy,
    This sounds really stressful for you - well done for posting about it.

Couple of questions, how long have you been together? and have you felt this way for a while or is it something that's started recently?

It might help to plan things around the time you have together - so even if it's just something like taking time out to call a friend or sorting out something that you've been putting off, it will hopefully help you to feel more in control. If your mind is busy with other things then it might help you to cope with these anxious feelings.

What you describe - feeling panicky and your heart racing - sounds like anxiety. TheSite.org's article on getting help with anxiety includes lots of really good practical tips on what you can do to help overcome this.

Take good care of yourself - and most importantly, try not to be too hard on yourself. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well he lives with me so we see each other everyday