Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

talking to the dead ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
um well i didnt know where else to put this so i thought this might be the best place, anyways..
i have this friend who died when he was in year 7 and , well, every afternoon on the way home from school i go to the graveyard and talk to him.literally. i sit on a bench and tell him everything. thing is ive started walking home from school with some new friends and one of them understands and just waits a few metres away while i talk but the other, he justs laughs his head off or runs away screaming about how im going to haunt him, i cant stop visiting steve (my ..passed on friend) but i dont want to lose my new friend either
has anyone got any advice at all ?
be good to hear some peoples advice :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Alexandraahh:)

Im sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend Steve. Your visits to the graveyard sound very important to you and the reaction of you new friend to laugh and mock at this is very insensitive. However some people find it quite hard and uncomfortable to know how to act when somebody else is grieving and so they may act inappropriately simply because they dont know what else to do! This may or may not be the case with your new friend. Have you tried talking to your new friend and making them aware of how you are feeling ? Maybe talk to them and explain that you dont want to lose their friendship but it upsets you when they behave in this way.

I hope that this helps!!
    Good luck and keep posting.:wave: