Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I don't want to put my willy in that secret hole

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Angus, 5: Babies come from the mummy and daddy. Inside the mummy's tummy, they go zoom - the two things. Whoever wins the race goes wuvavoovavoov, mixed up with the egg and then out pops the baby. Which one won the race? Did I win the race? Do they have eyes? I won't have any children. I don't want to put my willy in that secret hole.

From here:

Times Online Article

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what happened to the stork dropping off a baby?

Jessica age 6 - she knows to much!
    Moved to politics?
    Moved to debate, not sure how a discussion of the age to teach sex education or how young people feel about sex education would sit anywhere else?
    Me neither, TBH. I should just accept your wisdom from the start...
    To be fair, if it had started with 'LOLZ - read this!' I'd probably have left it, but I just figure it's likely to be more of a discussion once people react to the article :)
    I think it's quite nice that they're all saying a pre-requisite for having a baby is that the mum and dad are in love. If we're going to be teaching them anything it should be that. The mechanics of it can wait until they're older surely.
    Hehe, bless them. If I had been asked at that age, my answer probably would have been closest to the first kid's :blush:
    That Jessica is a bit of a know it all :D
    Jessica age 6 - she knows to much!

Agreed
    I think it's quite nice that they're all saying a pre-requisite for having a baby is that the mum and dad are in love. If we're going to be teaching them anything it should be that. The mechanics of it can wait until they're older surely.

me too
    This one made me laugh:
    The daddy helps the mummy look after the baby and he helps by sex. He gives the baby half the blood. One day when you are really in love, you say you are going to have sex and then you've made a baby.
    I think that it shows the capacity of our youngest generation to take in and understand a great deal more than perhaps we give them credit for.

Like Whowhere, I'm impressed that each had some reference to "love" or "Mum and Dad"
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If I'd been asked, I think I'd be as accurate as Jessica or even more.
    I read a (short, made for kids) book about it when I was 5.
    Hmmm... Perhaps this belief that love is required for conception explains the lack of adequate contraception?
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Hmmm... Perhaps this belief that love is required for conception explains the lack of adequate contraception?

Who says the contraception we have isnt adequate? What isnt adequate is people's understanding and responsibility towards actually using it.

I think by that age kids should have a basic knowledge of how baby's are made, and the emphasis that 'mummy and daddy are in love and are married' is important.

But i think more intimate details can be saved for a later stage such as 'the sperm and egg meet'... what ever happened to childhood innocence?
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Agreed, but as long as they are taught more past just the inital conceivement by a not-too-late age. I still think it's a bit young to be learning about that kind of thing, but they seem more mature than teenagers are towards it (From what is quoted in this thread, I can't see the article, it's dead.)
    I think by that age kids should have a basic knowledge of how baby's are made, and the emphasis that 'mummy and daddy are in love and are married' is important.

The marriage part isn't important. That could turn sour and lead to the idea that marriage is for families, man and woman only rather than love.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I don't think lies are important. People, even kids, should know that it's not necessary but simply preferable.
    I think if a child asks, then they should be told. There's no point lying, but I agree that it's not necessary to know the pinpoint details of "well, daddy put his throbbing penis into your mummy's wet vagina and after 7 minutes, daddy had an orgasm, which means semen comes out of daddy's penis and goes into mummy's vagina and the sperm in the semen swims up into mummy and meet an egg. The first sperm that meets the egg creates a baby!" while the child stares, horrified :crying: :nervous:
    I don't know how I knew. I didn't get told. I think I got a book when I was older. I dunno, 11? The book + TV + friends.