Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Methadrone/Mephadrone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there,
I was offered this at a recent party. I've never heard of it before, and so didn't accept it before I knew what it was about. I've tried to search erowid, but not too sure how it's spelt so it's brought up various things (but the lass who offered it prenounced it as i've spelt it.)

Anybody got any information on this? They said it was a reaearch chemical, came in crystal form and she snorted a tiny amount. Said it had a very strong come up, felt very intense like your first pill for about 20 min, but then this would subside and you'ld just feel very alert (like phet or coke) and very hard to sleep on. Oh, and they bought it legally on the net. Hmm. My friend had a little and she was absalutely fucked for about half an hour then the intense comeup/'mashedness' wavered off. Said it felt like an amazing first pill.

Anybody know anything about this? Or got a chemical name for it so i can have a proper look about it? Just interested really.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mephedrone/4mmc

very akin to speed/mdma, crystal stuff tends to be pretty potent

treat it with caution, very moreish when sniffing, and big bombs can completely obliterate ya, ive seen some people in a state!!

comedown is pretty much non existent if you don't over do it

relatively new drug on the scene and can be dirt cheap due to it being pretty much legal, wouldn't imagine it to have much longer left tho!

google it with the correct spelling and you'll find plenty of info
    i had some of this last night, its a enjoyable high, gets the blood pumping, theres some talk on bluelight.nu about how harmfull it is, i thought i took it easy last night though today i've had some minor chest pains, not nice really, same as most stimulant, best avoided really,
    Me likey
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey amz, we ran a live chat with a guy from Drugscope recently and the topic of these legal highs came up a couple of times. You can check it out here: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/Andydrugscope :thumb:
    warning, severe chest pains.
    yeah again i'd recommend not to underestimate this stuff, theres plenty of not so pleasant side effects if you over indulge regularly

take care :thumb:
    I'm suprised to hear people say the comedowns are non-existant. Everything I've read about it (i.e. this recent article in the Observer) reports that the comedowns are the biggest turn-off about using it.
    Very wise of you to think before taking - sounds like it has some nasty said effects.
    :no: Avoid it.
    Nobody knows anything about how badly this will affect you in the long term, it's addictive, and Toxbase does not yet have any info about how to specifically treat overdose of it. I think people who say they have no comedown from it are very lucky.. it definitely can cause rough comedowns in some people, along with the standard chewed up tongue and mouth lining and loads of tooth grinding :yuck:

Plenty of anecdotal info about it causing palpitations, shortness of breath and vasoconstriction leading to numb and blue limbs can be found if you have a look around the internet eg. bluelight and drugs-forum.
    bar the sore jaw/tongue etc you feel relatively fine if you don't hammer it too much

nothing compared to a proper ecstasy/mdma comedown!! or even most hangovers!

dont believe all the shite in the papers about it, ive read some plain shite in some

still be careful with it!
    the chest pains put me off enough, z-'s right, if you have your mind set on taking it anyway, take as little as you can, your heart might appreciate it..

disagree on the comedown, i think they feel nasty, i would choose a pure mdma one over mephedrone anyday,
    no way in hell .. id question your sources if thats the case! :thumb:
    Agreed with Z, part of the whole appeal is once you've got some kip you feel relatively fine again the next day!
    How are young people being weaned on to industrial grade fertiliser so easily?
    because its cheap and cheerful? and mdma is getting scarse?
    its good fun, bad for ya

I've done it in the past four weeks, its very good, have been having to take more to feel the same, main after effects are appeitite loss which leads to weight loss, i get numb toes the day after but it goes after a day, i tried it with smoking weed the other day, it was very interesting, could feel + hear my heartbeat going mental at 128bpm for about 2 minutes. not going to do that again, haha. a girl died when mixing it with ketamine and alcohol, but I have mixed it with alcohol, not much, you cant really drink/eat anything with flavour on this stuff.
    a girl died when mixing it with ketamine and alcohol, but I have mixed it with alcohol, not much, you cant really drink/eat anything with flavour on this stuff.

I'm not sure that case really says anything about the drug itself, if you mix drugs together with alcohol (especially two depressants) you are going to put yourself at risk.

P.S Yes I do know that ketamine isn't technically a depressant, however it does work in that way when mixed with one.
    because its cheap and cheerful? and mdma is getting scarse?

So take whatevers going be it petrol glue gas fertiliser ....
    Pains in the chest numb extremities ...are people really this desperate?
    So take whatevers going be it petrol glue gas fertiliser ....
    Pains in the chest numb extremities ...are people really this desperate?

Poly-drug use by the young is certainly concerning and I think really shows a nihilistic feeling at the heart of it - they just dont care.
    budda wrote: »
    Poly-drug use by the young is certainly concerning and I think really shows a nihilistic feeling at the heart of it - they just dont care.

It is getting quite alarming.
    Theres not a lot to care about these days ...everything and everybody are just so dm fleeting.
    The modern world is breaking down.
    whats does dm fleeting mean?
    I gaven't a clue ...haven't:chin:

'damn fleeting' would be my best guess :)
    damn fleeting
    That sounds about right:razz:
    this stuff isn't plant fertiliser, its just sold under that guise and as 'not for human consumption. this is just to cover vendors legally. you'll notice they sell it as bath salt too :chin:

from wikipedia:
    Mephedrone, also known as 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC) or 4-methylephedrone, is a stimulant and entactogen drug of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone chemical classes.

Mephedrone is reported as causing effects described as a cross between those of methamphetamine and MDMA ("Ecstasy"), producing euphoria, stimulation, and empathy.

its very much a drug, not some industrial fertiliser! i wouldn't put much odds on the growth of a plant after giving it some of this stuff...
    z- wrote: »
    this stuff isn't plant fertiliser, its just sold under that guise and as 'not for human consumption. this is just to cover vendors legally. you'll notice they sell it as bath salt too :chin:

from wikipedia:

its very much a drug, not some industrial fertiliser! i wouldn't put much odds on the growth of a plant after giving it some of this stuff...

So it's like a bad batch of amphetamine then?
    stimulants are bad news.
    So it's like a bad batch of amphetamine then?

its very akin to speed, but really is its own drug

in most cases this stuff is coming straight from the lab to the street so to speak, its highly potent

im surprised at your assumptions about it mr rolly!
    z- wrote: »
    its very akin to speed, but really is its own drug

in most cases this stuff is coming straight from the lab to the street so to speak, its highly potent

im surprised at your assumptions about it mr rolly!

:angel:
    To be honest I know diddly squat about it and am just going off the gossip.
    I'm glad it's a drug if thats what it is ...I'd much rather people take dece nt drugs than fwrtiliser.
    Stimulants are the worst drugs out there though.
    Burn you out and burn you up but ...most people stop and amazingly get their health back.
    paintsniffer.jpg