Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How much would you pay for dog walking?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm starting up my own dog walking services and am not sure what to charge. A girl I know charges £10 an hour but i think this is quite a lot would you pay that much? Should i charge £5 an hour? Or £5 per dog? How much would you charge?
Thanks confzdteen xx

Comments

• Options
    People would probably be more likely to pay one amount for a walk rather than per hour, as they might not trust you to not stay out for 10 hours to begin with.

How old are you? I reckon people will be willing to pay you more if you're 16 than if your 12/13
  • Options
    confzdteen wrote: »
    I'm starting up my own dog walking services and am not sure what to charge. A girl I know charges £10 an hour but i think this is quite a lot would you pay that much? Should i charge £5 an hour? Or £5 per dog? How much would you charge?
    Thanks confzdteen xx

Not sure about the price ...I think it might be a fiver a walk round here and the two girls who do it have as many as five dogs each ...thats fifty quid ...and they are good.
    I do know they promise a minimum of an hour but ...cos they want regular dogs to get to know each other so they have good control ...your dog might be gone three or four hours ...in a yard and a padock and a huge back garden where they get to fight run play sunbathe have sex.
    These women are in their early thirties and in the summer they were doing twelve to fifteen hour days and seem to have done very well.
    They now have a grooming service and kennels ...only for four dogs so far ...so far.
    Go for it.
  • Options
    £5 a walk? That's cool, maybe I should start it up as a sideline. Do you get to charge more if you run with them?