Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has anyone had CBT-cognitive behavioural therapy before for depression?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

Has anyone had CBT before for depression? I may be getting it and wondered if anyone has any good / bad points to mention about it?? How much did it help? Have you tried any other methods of trying to fix the depression?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Hiya stuck,

I know a few users have so hopefully they'll be along to let you know it was for them. There's also our factsheet about CBT which might give you some pointers if you haven't seen it -

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/treatments/cbt
  • Options
    Hiya,

I've had CBT for depression and anxiety. I think it helped increase my knowledge of the theory behind negative thought patterns and how they affect your mood and behaviour. I still use the techniques, i think it works really well for mild-moderate depression, where you still have the rational side of your brain willing to listen to input.

I find it especially useful when confronting 'disappointment' which is sometimes an instant, crushing feeling. when i weigh up the pros and cons and rationalise it more, it is easier to deal with.
  • Options
    Heya,
    I havn't but apparently that is the course of action for me...im a tad nervous but getting as much help as i can. xx