Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

voices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi i am new to this and i have never done anything like this before so i thought i would give it a shot i dont know what else to do =[.

i have had a very difficult childhood, sexual and physical abuse and being pushed from pillar to post. But i never really thought it effected me until i lived with my dad and started self harming.

but it wasnt me i didnt want to do it, it was asif i stepped out and someone stepped in an no matter how hard i tried to stop it i couldnt, its a voice in my head that tells me to do it and it tells me to do alot of thinks and i am beginning to find it difficult to not listen, i have tried killing myself because of this voice and just the other day i bought some tablets to do it again..i dont want to die i managed to overcome the voices but what if next time i carnt??.. and when i look back to when i was a child it was the voices that was telling me to saythings to people or do things (nothing massive like killing or hurting them) but like they was telling me to put stones through someones letter box i didnt want to do it...or like carving my name in my window sill etc.

and at times i have noticed myself talking to myself asif someone is stood there but there isnt anyone stood there i hear voices not see people and its getting worse and i dont know if its normal or not!!...and i am scared to go to the doctors incase they take me away from my family.

am sorry its a long story.

any advice would be greatful.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Any advice would be grateful ...ok.
    First ...how old are you?
    Next ...You have to talk to someone about this ...someone with eye contact rather than this digital stuff.
    Don't get me wrong I think it's fantastic that we can all look for some guidance in this life through the internet.
    But ...I believe you need to have someone you can have eye contact with and some warmth.
    I once had a an experience of hearing voices for about a week.
    I was a young twenties something and a pretty popular guy ...all was good but ....I heard a very powerful whisper behind me ...felt it too ...
    Scared me shitless.
    The more it happened the more scared I got cos ...I was on edge ...waiting for it to happen again.
    I was basicly scared all the time and then terrified when the voices did arrive.
    How the hell I'd cope if it happened now I know not.
    I'm an old guy ...the oldest guy on these boards.
    I did a lot of drugs and alchol.
    But ...when I went through the voices thing I'd say ....I was over doing the alcohol and ...having a dreadful diet.
    I really know how scary it is though.
    It effects every waking moment.
    I wish I could give you answers.
    Talk to people on here as much as possible ...not just in this bit here.
    Hi pwincessxxpink :wave:

Firstly, welcome to Thesite.org boards - we're really pleased that you have given this type of support and advice a shot, as for some it can be really helpful. This is a safe environment and the community here are very open and honest. You can write as much as you want, we have no limit.

Sounds like you have had a really difficult time growing up and it seems that now, you have recognised that your experiences may have affected you. It's really positive that you have been able to see this and have come here to find some support. Have you ever spoken to anyone else about your self harming or the voices you hear? Friends, Family, Worker?

At TheSite, we have loads of information pages that may be able to help you. Why don't you check out some of the ones in the self-harm section (you'll need to scroll down a bit to see all the different topics), the pages may help you to look at what is going on for you at the moment. You may also want to check out the Hearing Voices Network? They have a helpline which is open in the afternoon.

There is no definition to what is 'normal' or not, the important things here is that the voices that you are hearing seem to have become difficult to manage and the voices are also telling you to do things you don't want to do - like kill yourself.

Seeing a Doctor is one of things that we would recommend and they should be able to signpost you to the right medical and well-being professionals to help you. A Doctors main aim is to help people to get better, not to separate people from their family. You could tell your Doctor about the fears you have? Is there anyone that could go with you? The links here about seeing your GP and health professional may help? (They are focussed on self-harm, but the advice is still useful).

Take care and keep posting :)
    Heya,
    Welcome to the boards huni. Are the voices like other people telling you to do things or is it your thoughts going round in your head?
    hope that you are ok.
    x
    well i went to the doctors and they have given me antie depressants i am going to see what happens after i start them
    kk. let me know how you get on. AD's can take up to 6 weeks to start having an impact on how you are feeling. I hope that you are ok and talk soon xx