Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going at great lengths to employ 1 person?

I'm jobhunting at the moment and I've so far been to one interview. Although I think I did alright, better than my average, I was told at the end that the interview panel are interviewing candidates for 2 weeks. There are 2 people on the panel. This is just for 1 job position and it's only for a fixed-term 6 months contract. I asked on what the likelyhood of being made permanent after the 6 months is up, but the panel didn't know the answer to that question. Why the hell is money being spent to have 2 people take on candidates just for 1 job that will only be for 6 months? That's like 1 month's wages being spent in order to have a new guy in for 6 months. Any ideas, because it doesn't seem right to me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Monserrat,

Sounds intriguing. Are you sure they meant they'd be interviewing for a two-week period, and it wasn't just they were doing interviews over the course of two weeks? It might be that one of the candidates is on holiday for the first week, so they are holding a second interview in the second week.

Let us know how you got on.

Olly
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Olly. They ran their last interview on Friday 6th, so I should be hearing quite soon.
  • Options
    Not surprising, given the number of people that were interviewed:

Thank you for attending the interview for the position of Technical Data Administrator.

We have carefully considered your application details and points discussed at interview, but regret on this occasion you have been unsuccessful in securing the position.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    We have carefully considered your application details and points discussed at interview, but regret on this occasion you have been unsuccessful in securing the position.[/i]

At least they let you know. A lot of places don't bother doing that these days.
  • Options
    That's true. Prudential (or "The Pru"), to name one.