Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Questions about extacy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have spent a good long time researching Extacy and other types of Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. If you have any questions PLEASE ask before you try expecally if its your first time. Just ask and if i dont know i promice i will find the answer. Its a passion and a curse.:D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well judging from the posts of yours i've read, you know fuck all.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    From what I've read in other threads you've posted in you still have a fair bit to learn.
    You could start by spelling it right. It's called ECSTASY.
    Weekender Offender 
    Are you one of those people who can't/won't pronounce your "ess's". So ask become axe/aks and ecstasy become extacy?

If I ever decide to take advice of someone who can't even pronounce/spell the subject they've "researched" I may as well give up.
    Help

I read a post from someone (not here) that said they did it every weekend for a fair few years, had chronic back pains and went to the drs. She went to hospital for a brain scan and they asked her if she had done any ecsatsy. She told them she had and they said that she had pin prick holes in her brain, causing blood to drip onto her spine thus causing the chronic pain.

Is this true? This scared the hell out of me. Personally wouldnt do pills or anything like that but my friends do and I was worred for them!!!

This question goes to anyone who might know...
    patience wrote: »
    I read a post from someone (not here) that said they did it every weekend for a fair few years, had chronic back pains and went to the drs. She went to hospital for a brain scan and they asked her if she had done any ecsatsy. She told them she had and they said that she had pin prick holes in her brain, causing blood to drip onto her spine thus causing the chronic pain.

Is this true? This scared the hell out of me. Personally wouldnt do pills or anything like that but my friends do and I was worred for them!!!

I don't know for definite whether its true but its certainly nothing I have ever heard about - even after prolonged use. It doesn't even sound medically possible.

Blood bleeding from the brain would cause serious problems such as pressure within the skull that could ultimately result in death. Furthermore, the spinal cord is covered and protected by an additional three membranes (within the spine bone itself) and so 'dripping' blood would have to get through that. Highly unlikely unless you have acid as blood.

It sounds like a typical scare story to me ... like E's are cut with rat poison. :rolleyes:
    Teagan wrote: »
    Highly unlikely unless you have acid as blood.

Better phone Alien and tell her not to take E then.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Better phone Alien and tell her not to take E then.

I phoned her, as you suggested, and she told me to 'f**k off'', mind my own business and promptly munched through half a dozen while I was on the phone to her. These aliens never listen. :banghead:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

It's not true.
    Weekender Offender 

This and many of the 'holes in your brain scare stories are based on a fundermental misunderstanding of brain scans. What they show is activity, not physical mass. So there is some evidence (much of it very shakey) that chronic use of MDMA can lead to loss of brain activity, NOT to any physical loss of brain matter or physical holes in the brain.
    This
    she had done... ecsatsy.
    has absolutely nothing to do with this
    pin prick holes in her brain, causing blood to drip onto her spine thus causing the chronic pain.
    ... and I find it hard to believe a doctor would actually say that. Are you sure the two parts didn't somehow get mixed up together and your friend assumed the doctors meant one thing led to the other? Or perhaps this was just a rumour based on the media misinformation mentioned by Budda?
    I can't believe the shit I just read here.
    Every single post was shite.
    Anyone looking for good aDvice on this subject should ignore this thread.
    Should ask that it's deleted even.
    I can't believe the shit I just read here.
    Every single post was shite.
    Anyone looking for good aDvice on this subject should ignore this thread.
    Should ask that it's deleted even.

Elaborate please. You are not helping anyone by writing up stuff like this when you're stoned. ;)
    My question

Okay okay it was a stupid question and certianly doesnt sound medically sound but at least I know now!

Oh this isnt my friend, it was just some post. I wasnt a member on that site and didnt wish to be so I thought I would ask here instead of signing up there to ask one question.

Cheers everyone though XD (Dont mind me. Im just a little clueless is all)
    It's definitely best to ask about things like this, no matter how stupid it might seem. There aren't really any stupid questions, you were just misinformed.