Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

calling all londoners (or tube commutors)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
does anyone know how roughly it would take to get from london bridge to kings cross?

on the railtrack journey planner it says 46 mins but that usually seems to be way over the time when i use the tube.

just under a bit of pressure, i have a presentation that day so can't leave canterbury until quite late and i need to get the twenty past five to hull from kings cross and from the tube planner it says i get in to kings cross at quarter past five.. which is cutting it v fine! helpppppp
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    more like 10 or 15 minutes I'd say....
    Tube i would say 15 mins

Thameslink less than 10 mins
    Yeah sure it can't be 46 mins. It's definitely only about 10-15 mins by tube so...
    ahh thankyou :) journey planner always seems to say 45 mins for tube journeys for some reason.. maybe it's just me but it always seems like that.

feel better about booking a seat on the train destined for hull now. didn't really want to chance it and just stand the entire journey.
    National Rail Journey planner always gives loads and loads of leeway for London transfers, if you use the tfl.gov.uk journey planner for the london bit it will give you a much better idea.
    :yes:.

According to tfl it should take 10 minutes. Including getting between the train platforms and the tube stations, it'll take you 20 minutes TOPS. The northern line is usually very busy at that time of day though, especially from London Bridge, so you might be a bit squished or have to wait for the next train but you'll get there in plenty of time.
    cheers guys!

and house matey, ha why didnt i just ask you sooner???? brainless today.
    cheers guys!

and house matey, ha why didnt i just ask you sooner???? brainless today.
    Because you're silly :p.

Seriously though, it won't take that long. Rich used to get the Northern Line to where he used to live which is 2 stops past Camden and it never took longer than about 20 minutes max.

I think train websites just put in the time between getting off your first train and getting on the next one, so I wouldn't worry.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, I'd say 20 minutes. The National Rail journey planner usually covers platform at one end to platform at the other with about an extra 50% added to cover delays/stupid passengers/etc.

Its best by Tube, wouldn't recommend Thameslink as FCC as in dispute causing many cancellations.