Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

contacts question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They never feel dry and I never have any troubles when wearing them but lately whenever I take out the left one out it makes my eye hurt for a while after, like it has something stuck in it but like its on the eyelid and not my eye. I tried 2 new pairs and the same thing. I went 2 weeks with just glasses in case something was injured but still nothing. (and yes, my hands are always very clean when putting in/removing)

Has this happened to anybody before? It is just the one eye which makes it weird.

Also, as I know what the ultimate answer is, as some people like to put for every health question :p ... I forget which doctor is which, but if nobody has a solution that works, can I just go to the eye doctor where you get the glasses/contacts (is that one the optomotrist?) from or would it be better to go to the other kind? (perhaps the optomologist or something is that one called?)

Comments

• Options
    Only had this sort of thing happen once before. Most days when I put my lenses in my eyes hurt like hell for about 30 seconds and they go bright red, it's looks like I've been crying, but I think this first started to happen when they changed to solution so I put it down to that.

If I was you I would make an appointment at the opticians to have them check your eyes to make sure everything is OK.
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    Another one to make sure is that your hands are both clean and soap free.

Clean with soap remnants left is a really good way to make your eyes really sting!
  • Options
    Another one to make sure is that your hands are both clean and soap free.

Clean with soap remnants left is a really good way to make your eyes really sting!

This could be my problem :chin: