Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Long Distance Relationships..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you refer to your "friend", are you talking about "him", i.e. is it him who says that you should just carry on as you did before you met him? Or is it another friend offering advice?

Long-distance relationships can work, but usually depend on some eventual possibility of being together. If it is your boyfriend who is saying you are too young to wait for someone who is hardly ever there, then it doesn't sound as if he wants to make the necessary commitment. Otherwise, if you are both keen to continue the relationship, there is nothing to stop you giving it a try. It'll either work, or die a natural death when one or other of you meets someone else.

Good luck to you either way.
    Well I myself couldn't make a long-distance relationship within England work, but then thats just me. I have known others with whom it works, admittedly it is more than 3 or 4 times they see each other though.

I personally wouldn't do it, but then you know the guy, is he worth it...?!lol

Depends really, also depends on money, can you afford to fly out that often (time wise too)?!