Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brown and black

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do brown and black go together? My fashion doesn't go beyond jeans and a hoodie (from reading this site I've come to the conclusion that my fashion makes me some sort of street thug that beats down old ladies for their buss pass :p) But I just bought a black thin sweater dress, it is pretty casual, a little dressy. Would brown boots go with it or would that look silly, is black the way to go for shoes on this.

And if it does go, what color tights, brown, black, colored (I also bought a fun looking pair of green with silver stripes :p)?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think putting brown and black together is abit like marmite, personally I don't like it. I think black boots and some coloured tights, I'm big on purple at the moment!
    Agreed- I *hate* brown because it used to be my school uniform, so i never wear it- i'm not sure about wearing brown and black together :/ but then i'm not very good at fashion either! I still buy kiddies clothes cuz i think they look 'cool' LOL (...i do have a wicked 'power up' mario bros t-shirt from Tesco kids- age 7-8 >_< hehe)
    skakitty wrote: »
    Agreed- I *hate* brown because it used to be my school uniform, so i never wear it- i'm not sure about wearing brown and black together :/ but then i'm not very good at fashion either! I still buy kiddies clothes cuz i think they look 'cool' LOL (...i do have a wicked 'power up' mario bros t-shirt from Tesco kids- age 7-8 >_< hehe)

Lol, me too! Under my hoodies are the awsome kiddie shirts. I saw a girl a while back wearing the same Dr. Suess shirt as me, she was maybe 12 or 13. She was obviously very awesome and mature for her age :p

I like brown, I'm far too poor to buy shoes so I was hoping it would look ok but I dont know.
    I think it might be OK...:chin: If you had some chunky wooden jewellery to accessorise or a brown leather belt or something to go over the dress, just to tie in with the brown of the boots? As for tights, if you are going to wear brown boots with a black dress then I'd probably say nude/skin coloured - I think black tights wouldn't really work. If you decide against the brown boots and wear black shoes/boots though then I reckon go with Fruit Loop's suggestion and try some coloured tights. I like the sound of the green with silver stripes :)
    Oh I love brown. Went out with my brown Dickies yesterday, as a matter of fact. ;)

I think black goes with everything, so this would include brown too.
    I'm ok with brown and black. I quite often wear black jeans with brown boots and a brown belt.

I realised I'm about 10 years out of date, style wise, but oh well.
    brown and black is fine.
    I have a brown skirt I wear with a black top.
    I would rather that than all in brown
    Wear it and remember the golden rule:

WORK IT SWEETIE! WORK IT!
    My whole wardrobe is pretty much black....

But brown and black go okay most of the time, just not brown tights with a black top/skirt ect.

X
    Thank you for the help :D

And just for Snuggles, http://new.music.yahoo.com/rupaul/videos/view/supermodel--2146745 ;)
    Another question... won't a black dress and black boots look a bit funeraly? I should have bought a different color :\ How can I avoid that? I'm sure jewelry is one... I don't own any but I'm sure I can buy some. Anything else?
    I wear my black jumper dress with black tights and tan brown boots :)
    Wear it and remember the golden rule:

WORK IT SWEETIE! WORK IT!

love it, POTW?
    i wear black and brown together.

i wore my brown jumper dress yesterday with black tights and brown boots :) i thought it looked fine.
    my name wrote: »
    Another question... won't a black dress and black boots look a bit funeraly? I should have bought a different color :\ How can I avoid that? I'm sure jewelry is one... I don't own any but I'm sure I can buy some. Anything else?

theres nothing wrong with looking funerally.

i try and look as funerally as possible at all times