Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sex drive at 21---Advice :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First off, where is my man's sex drive :( Has he lost interest? Should I leave? Is this normal?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 yrs and we love eachother alot. We started off just hooking up...sex was nuts and consistent about 2 or 3 times a week..we were 18 back then, not sure if that matters..

But things have changed...we dont have sex as often and it seems as if his sex drive has diminished...and he's only 21 and straight by the way. Says that he's in it for more than sex...but I miss our chemistry in bed...what happend? Is he simply bored? Or is it normal in longterm relationships?

Help :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess it's something in the drinking water. Never really heard from that problem in real life, but numerous times on this forum (mostly UK people). Maybe fluorine, to make the inhabitants compliant. :nervous:
    It happens in long term relationships unfortunatly, i have a very high sexdrive and it drives me nuts if i don't get sex often...
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Maybe fluorine, to make the inhabitants compliant. :nervous:

Haha i know someone who actually genuinely believes that! Bit of a nutter.

Anyway, umm are you always doing the same repetitive routine in bed? Same positions etc. Why not introduce stuff to spice it up, surprise him coming home one day with some lingerie and massage oils or something. Maybe that will get him interested again.
    Been in a similar situation, 3yr relationship, no sex because of him for the last half.

I still don't know why and we've been split up for 6months now.

Have you talked about it with him?
    The long term relationship aspect may be playing a part, and it would be worth trying to spice things up like others have mentioned.

It's also worth talking to him, as there may be other factors influencing his sex drive. Don't automatically assume it's because he doesn't find you attractive any more. If he stressed or tired generally this can negatively influence sex drive, so try asking him to see if anything like this is bothering him. Try to be careful how you approach the subject, as it might be a difficult subject for him (as a man, having a low sex drive when your girlfriend doesn't can feel quite demeaning anyway).
    when u want it just get his tadger out n give him a good noshing ...make it regular and im sure things will pick up :naughty:
    Communicate with him and spice things up a bit! suprise is key...