Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Are you on this police hit list?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Domestic Extrenism; that's a new one. What's that exactly? Attacking your partner by blowing yourself up near them?
  • Options
    People who complain about government ...fox hunting ...environmental issues ...anything.
    Protest and your a domestic extremist.
  • Options
    Taking part in some of the discussions on here could well have you on the list I would think.
  • Options
    Police spotter lists .....http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/protest
  • Options
    I am particularly enjoying this quote from the article:
    Anton Setchell, who is in overall command of Acpo's domestic extremism remit, said people who find themselves on the databases "should not worry at all". But he refused to disclose how many names were on the NPOIU's national database, claiming it was "not easy" to count.
    It's not easy to count? One, two, three, four, five... see, I can do it. Or have you managed to lose your records as well? Stupid cunt.

New Labour has several ministers and MPs who have previously been watched by government agencies. They obviously liked being treated this way, because they now want to give us all the opportunity to be viewed with suspicion. How deliciously ironic.
  • Options
    I was going to start a thread on this. Mark Thomas, who features on one of the spotter cards leaked, wrote a good article in the Guardian yesterday, which I can't find now.

He has no criminal record. And at the time when the police was trying to 'spot' him, he was (legally) inside the arms trade venue researching a book. His only crime has been to have attended previous demonstrations.

It's as frightening as is infuriating.
  • Options
    Are you a domestic extremist?

That just conjures an image of Nigella packing Semtex into a scone :)