Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Travelling alone!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey every1 im just putting this out there for u all to read, to get some feedback. Im going travelling in june to the normal hot spot's thailand-oz-nz-fuiji-la for 6months. However im doing it alone becasue my m8 has pulled out now, which is a pain but im still set on going.!! Wot u think will i be alright on my own????????
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well obviously you have to be fairly confident but yeah, i reckon you'll be fine! i went to new zealand to see family and i travelled on my own for a fair while and i made so many friends, a lot of people go travelling by themselves. i'm guessing you'll be staying in hostels so thats a good place to meet people, join in on the hostel events like bar crawls'/trips out/whatever they do, its easy to get talking to people that way :]

when i went to NZ i did an organised tour thing (a contiki tour) and that really helped me make friends cos most people were alone and you share rooms with 3 other people, etc, so by the end we were one big group and i had an amazing time and met some mint people :)
    wow. thats a hell of backpacking alone. how much time do you intend to spend on it
    Hey every1 im just putting this out there for u all to read, to get some feedback. Im going travelling in june to the normal hot spot's thailand-oz-nz-fuiji-la for 6months. However im doing it alone becasue my m8 has pulled out now, which is a pain but im still set on going.!! Wot u think will i be alright on my own????????

You'll be absolutely fine, fella. As long as you're staying in hostels you'll be sorted. When I went travelling with a friend we hung out with all sorts of people: single travellers, big groups
    hmmm not probably what you have assumed but i guess you have ample time to prepare yourself for this :yes:
    You'll be fine.

I just got back for a 6 month trip I was supposed to be on with my boyfriend. We split up 5 weeks into the trip, and I did the rest of it alone and had an absolutely amazing time - i met loads of people, and there are hundreds of people doing the same thing.
    i met loads of people, and there are hundreds of people doing the same thing.

The top advantage.