Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

D:

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, sorry but your probs gonna get annoyed at me as I've posted a thread like this yonks ago, and I know I should go to my Gp but tbh I'm kinda scared to.

Well basically I get a lot of head aches. It's been getting worse over the last year. The thing is there are very few pain killers that seem to get rid of it and the ones I take that you can only get on prescription just seem to take the edge off it, or take a good 2/3 hours to take an effect.

The pain is really bad and the pressure behind my eyes actually makes me want to cry half the time. What I'm worried about is the effects that seem to come with them.

My vision (usually after) is very burred. And when I move my eyes it seems slow (like it's lagging) but then they will flicker and I can't seem to control it, my heart rate goes up a bit and I become shaky and very week. I feel slightly spaced out. It only lasts a few seconds but continues over a long period of time.

I feel sick as well. I can't really focus and it's seriously draining. And I get so tired.

I have no idea what it could be. But something is telling me it's slightly more serious than I would like.

Does it sound serious? I know I should go to my gp... :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know I should go to my gp... :(
    Well there's your answer then! Surely it's better to find out what's wrong and get it fixed than to sit around wondering if its something serious? Denying there's anything wrong will get you nowhere, as you've said yourself, it's been like this for a while now, so its obviously not going to go away by itself, get it sorted!
    Try your GP and see what s/he says but it could also be a problem that an optician can solve but definitely try you're GP first.
    I feel sick as well. I can't really focus and it's seriously draining. And I get so tired.

I have no idea what it could be. But something is telling me it's slightly more serious than I would like.

Does it sound serious?

Yes, yes it does. You have a brain haemorrhage, likely caused by gender dysphoria and not enough caffeine.
    know I should go to my gp... :(

Oh... that's right. we're not medical professionals... obviously, it's best to ask a forum consisting of - typically - teenagers with no medical training or knowledge, rather than talking to someone who knows what they're looking at... ;)

You probably just need glasses. :thumb:
    Mmm I thought about glasses... I Sooo wouldn't suit glasses lol
    Sounds like migraine. Quite often removing the cause it better than treating the symptom and that'll involve scrip drugs only so get to your GP.

As for wearing glasses and blurred vision. Well you only get 1 pair of eyes in life, so best look after them.
    Mmm I thought about glasses... I Sooo wouldn't suit glasses lol

There is always contacts or surgery too
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Sounds like migraine. Quite often removing the cause it better than treating the symptom and that'll involve scrip drugs only so get to your GP.

As for wearing glasses and blurred vision. Well you only get 1 pair of eyes in life, so best look after them.
    :yes:.

Go see your GP and an optician. If your eyes aren't quite perfect, you're going to be straining your eyes and that'll not be helping with the headaches. You might think you can see fine when you're not having these headaches, but Rich did too and didn't realise til he discovered that I could see/read stuff from all the way across the room that he couldn't sitting a few feet in front of it that his eyesight was horrible.
    Yeah. My eye sight isn't great when I'm sitting far away from the board, I can't see my mum wanting to take me but I'll give it a go and try go to the optician. Suppose that's better than my Gp :p
    You can get some nice glasses these days.
    yeah you can but i can't imagine them on me lol. I'm gonna try and go to the opticains tomorrow.
    It doesn't have to be glasses. I'm short sighted and glasses look horrible on me - so I wear contacts. I have some glasses but never wear them. I love my contacts, when I first wore them it was the best thing ever - the world looked all crisp and clear! Definitely go and get your eyes checked, like someone else said your sight's too important to ignore problems with it.
    Whats so bad about going to the doctors for it?
    Dinted wrote: »
    Whats so bad about going to the doctors for it?

Long story, it's not like it would be horrific or anything just not too keen on going.

Contacts may be a good idea.
    I'm sure it could be bearable then, 10 mins of your time instead of a 30min eye test?
    fineee i'll go to my Gppp ;)

Yeah i probs will just to rule out other things awell.
    Yeah i'd say it sounds like you need glasses :thumb:
    *mumbles*

Well i'm off to the Dr's tomorrow so i'll see what happens.
    Yeah I thought it could be migraines. I was thinking stress aswell but imnot sure.

This may sound werid but I'm quite sure it's not my eye sight. I havnt noticed a change my eye sight. And I doing really match any of the symptoms. It's hard to explain it jut doesn't seem right.

I WILL go to my gp tomorrow though...
    Ok went to the doctors :D

she said it is probably migraines and has given me these tablets that you take when you feel one coming on. The side effects so far are quite horrible - tightness in chest ect. But they have took the edge off my headache so it's not too bad.
    Glad to hear it, prob worth having an eye test by the sounds of it.

Sounds like you are getting things sorted though :)