Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it worth it? [SI]

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an older friend who knows about what happened to me and that I self harm. She was saying about counselling and that it could help, etc.
So there's a place near by that does teenage counselling without parents permission and i think its free because i go to the dentist that is run by the same people and that is.
Anyways, my question is.. is it worth getting help?
I will be 18 in 8months, so thats the time i have to get help there. I have cut for 6 years and hurt myself in other ways for as long as I can remember. Plus delt with the pain of my past all my life. I kind of wonder is it worth it after all this time? Will I be able to cope with all this crud better, etc?

Comments

• Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi,
    Welcome and thanks so much for posting! Sorry to hear about the self-harming, but you'll find plenty of people on the boards going through similar things. Have you seen the Self Harm section of TheSite.org? There's quite a lot on it, including lots of different ways of coping and forms of therapy.

There is definitely nothing wrong with getting a bit of help! Even if you're not sure whether or not you need it - worth a try, right?

Does anyone have any experiences of counselling that might help here?

Keep posting and exploring the site whenever you feel like it.