Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ugh...

I hate making threads like these. I know I shouldn't but I haven't really got anyone to talk to and I feel unbelievably shit so I hope nobody minds if I just unload?

I just feel really run down and crap lately. For starters, I've lost interest in my degree. Im in my 3rd year and this really can't happen now because its the make or break year. I just have no interest in my modules and find it really hard to get into everything. Im just scared that I'll mess up and wind up with a crap grade. Im also bothered by the belief that 'its all downhill from here'. I don't even know what Im gonna do when I graduate.

I've also been bothered by this problem with my hip (its not in its socket properly) and its taken donkeys years to get diagnosed but the problem is that I have to have an operation on it in the new year. This bothers me because I don't want to have an operation and I really can't afford the time off. This hip thing also means I can't get to sleep without painkillers.

A really stupid thing thats bugging me is that I fancy a girl on my course but its bringing up some unpleasant memories and feelings. Just been bumming me out.

Sorry for the longish post and thank you to anyone who reads it all.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think with the girl, it might be a good chance to put a possitive side to the memories... I mean, she might be a new chance :-)

And, I hope your operation goes well
    X
  • Options
    For uni, third year is a strange one, you should be enjoying it yet you also have to face up to the end of your uni life. As for graduating, your still young, you dont have to pick a career now that you will do until you retire, there are plently of option avaiable to you. By the time I qualify as an certified accountant I'll be 28(ish) and I still dont have a clue what I'm going to do after that, apart from it will be accounts based in some way.

As for the hip, is there any way you can postpone until you have completeed your degree? I'm sure the hospital can bearit in mind but you have to talk to them about it. I know the operation sounds scary but it might improve matter and stop the long term painkiller-use.

You have to try (and I know its not easy) to put the bad stuff behind you and start again.

*hugs* It will get better, promise.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. Its much appreciated.

To answer Precious question, the reason why Im bummed out about the girl is the last time I felt this way about someone, I let it get out of hand, I made some dumb descisions and it didn't end very well. On the one hand, its nice liking someone but on the other, it just brings back all the unwanted insecurities. I just don't want her thinking Im a bad guy is all.

I just feel out of place at uni, after 2 years of being there and being one of the few people out of our 20 strong class to make it into 3rd year. Its all overwhelming.

Sorry if it seems like Im moaning.