Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

digital camera

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am looking to buy a digital camera, I've never had one before I used to use my old phone but now I have my iphone and the camera is a bit crap.

I want to spend £100 at the most just not sure what I should be looking for and what makes are good etc.

I'll just be using it for when I go on holiday, nights out and days out with family and friends and prob for taking random pictures ha!

I've seen the Nikon (sp?) one on tele before that has that face recognition thing which sounded okay :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Sony is good. :) I have the cybershot W270.. it has smile recognition which can be a fun feature. It also has HD video so for holiday vids it is well good! the picture quality is very good aswell. Although this model is a little over £100, there are other sony ones are under that price that are still very good. In my experience, Sony stuff lasts for ages as well.

Of course Nikon and Canon stuff is good, but I've only really experienced them when using a DSLR.

Olympus and Fujifilm are quite good. In my opinion not as good as Sony. :P

Have a good look around on amazon and compare the features and what you're getting for your money.

Hope that helps.

good good good !
  • Options
    The Fuji Finepix range is fairly good, though I don't know what the pricing is.
  • Options
    It sounds like you're going to use your proposed camera a fair bit. Plus, soon after you do go digital, you'll find yourself using it more anyway, as I did. Therefore, I'd say that £180 is a better investment than £100. As for bombarding you with technical babble, there is no real right or wrong answer when it comes to manufacturers. The exception is that I'd still go with manufacturers who were in the traditional camera market as they'll know more about their lenses than the "digital-only" people will do. That means I'm in favour of Olympus, Canon, Fuji and Nikon but not in favour of Sony, HP, Acer or Belkin. You are certainly right about moving away from camera-phones - they have a long way to go yet.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I haven't got a clue when it comes to all these things. If it looks nice then I tend to buy it :rolleyes:

I am going to have a nosey round and see whats about and what the prices are for the ones you have all recommended. Thank you :)