Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

May interest some of you...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter2.html

Well, I found it interesting. It's amazing to see it, 20-odd years on...
may head out there on the bike one day. :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    spooky
    That article is awesome, i love how they always commie bash when they do Chernobyl but never mention Three Mile Island or Windscale :P

Would be cool to go there though because its *almost* a ghost town, the wildlife around Pripyat is all the domesticated animals that are now wild, yet another reason why its really quite fascinating in a spooky way!
    I think it would be funny if you were walking around Pripyat and bumped into another tour group :D
    to quote wikipedia 'the windscale fire in 1957 was considered to be the worst nuclear accident until three mile island in 1979, although both these were dwarfed by chernobyl in 1986'
    TheSite.org group outing? ;)
    I so plan on going there some day

Get close enough and you get a free vasectomy
    I'll not be getting that close, but I'll take a bike out there one day. :thumb:
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Get close enough and you get a free vasectomy

A free 'glow in the dark' vasectomy.
    yeahwalk wrote: »
    to quote wikipedia 'the windscale fire in 1957 was considered to be the worst nuclear accident until three mile island in 1979, although both these were dwarfed by chernobyl in 1986'

The similarity of the reaction to each was shockingly similar though, at windscale they never told anyone about it until it was out except when they walked into the local cinema and asked the 2 back rows to come and help at the plant, then they pushed the rods through with scaffolding poles. No evacuations took place and the rate of cancer around windscale is massively above the national average.

Three Mile Island they still play down, no evacuation, no information until days later.

Chernobyl is the same but of course the release of radiation was so much higher that people did die as a direct result of it, they also evacuated Pripyat (which is why its such a cool place) and never went back rather than say 'its safe!' like they do in Cumbria.

My point was they blame the whole communist regime for Chernobyl when the handling was just as bad as the others this kind of 'leave it and hope people dont die' policy.