Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Local file manager for Firefox?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
If you type C: into Firefox's address bar, you will see a read-only directory listing of your C: likewise with an online directory listing. Is there an FF mod that allows read/write/launch access to local files so that it makes Explorer redundant? I like the idea of FF effectively being on "OS" since it already handles online email, online chat, organiser, calculator, notepad, Google Docs, Paint.net and a few basic games. A file manager is all I'm missing really. Oh, and perhaps an MP3/WAV/APE/MIDI player if anyone knows of one. I'm using the portable version of FF as my main browser, so my reasoning behind all of this is essentially to have a portable OS :-)

Thanks!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Firefly + Foxytunes
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I found Firefly at http://firefly.mozdev.org but upon installing it, I got an error to say that my Firefox version (3.5.3) is too new. I checked it on the FF mods site too and Firefly only goes up to FF version 2. But thanks for the suggestion.

Foxytunes is awesome - it works with my Winamp too :-)