Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Looking at cars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am going to look at a car tomorrow and just wondered what things I should look for? I have had a look at advice on auto trader but just wondered if anyone else had any good things to look out for. I'm going with my bf so it won't just be me on my own, otherwish I'd buy it just because I like the colour ha!

I have to go to Halifax for it so hope it isn't a wasted journy. The car I am looking at is 2004 Peugot 206 1.1 Independance (3dr) they want £2995 but I am going to be cheeky and see if I can get any off, though according to valuation sites it is about the right price.

Comments

• Options
    definately be cheeky!

my car was advertised at £3000 but my boyfriend managed to get the price down to £2250. it came with a 3 month warranty and 12 month mot too so we got a bargain really as it really is a nice little car.
  • Options
    well the 2 cars I wanted turned out to have been catagory c write off's. I bought a little fiat punto today for £2795 12 month MOT and 6 months tax, am so excited to have my own car!
  • Options
    aw thats nice :] what reg is it? x
  • Options
    it's a 54 plate so 2005 I think?! I dunno about all this car stuff! It's not what I went out to buy but t'is pretty...just need a name for it now!
  • Options
    awww, yay!!!!!! :D

take a picture of it and post it on here!
  • Options
    ooo lovely. its funny because i just part exchanged to a garage in halifax :eek2: and it was a punto so i was thinking imagine if you bought my car haha! but mine was older than that, 52 reg :]
  • Options
    54 plate means the second half of 2004 I think. An 04 plate would mean the first part of 2004. My car is 05 - so it's from the first half of 2005 as far as I know!