Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

need a favour!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is there anyone willing to read the first paragraph of my Oscar Wilde essay? i need as much feed back on it as i can, And i you can be as harsh as you like! :D If someone wants to do me the massively huge favour then i will PM it to you...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah advanced allthough i don't thinks its going to get an AdvH grade D:

haha well i sent it now! no getting out of it :p

anymore people would be great :D
    I can look at it... I know I'm not in 6th form, but still :-)
    X
    I can look at it... I know I'm not in 6th form, but still :-)
    X

PM-ing now :D
    haha oh yeah! the marking schemes are the same really but a A at higher is a C at Adv. :shocking:

so you have to go into so much more detail, which i dont think i have done enough of!
    I'll give it a read. Not that I know *anything* about Oscar Wilde.
    It might be easier to post bits of it here! then you have to reasd it mwahahaha!

element 2 - triviality , point 1

In all three of the plays Wilde’s characters are shallow and superficial; they are over exaggerated in their traits. Wilde, of course uses this to his advantage he uses this to reflect the society at the time. Again he is not pointing out it is a bad thing just showing that it is in society.

Wilde’s technique of switching the trivial with the serious clearly outlines and critiques the Victorian society: In ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ Algernon makes a big deal about the cucumber sandwiches and Lady Bracknell takes great care in choosing the music as she says

“French songs I cannot possibly allow. People always seem to think that they are improper, and either look shocked, which is vulgar, or laugh, which is worse”

This critiques the shallowness of the upper class. The most trivial things are what placed them high up in the social hierarchy. There is a strict set of rules that must be followed and Wilde’s exaggeration on the music and cucumber sandwiches critiques the society by mocking them. By looking at the Society and seeing its behaviour we realise the upper class is some what over-civilized. The moral sense of the characters has been overturned – the trivial is serious, and the serious trivial.
    I closed my eyes after "you'll have to read it"
    X
    I knew you would! :grump:
    HA! My advice would be shit anyway, just about my dislike of hyphens :-p
    X
    lol lots of colons in this part!...maybe too many actually :|
    lol lots of colons in this part!...maybe too many actually :|

You tricked me into reading that, didn't you?? There was only one, and a semi colon. :grump:

Anyway, I hope you've change the bit in the first para. I noticed in that one that it said 'The Importance of being Earnest' whereas in the other one it said The 'Importance of being Earnest' :thumb:
    X