Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boxing

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Read the thread you got that from again. I never wanted a gang, love. Anyway! That's all behind me now, and I've moved bands, forms, and classes at school.

X
    I'd pretty much got everyone I knew to go and look for the girl that punched brook- so there are about 200 people ready to beat her up, most of who are 16/17 year old lads.
    You were looking for her for a chat? Never mind.

You were looking for her for a chat? Never mind.

Did I say at any point I wanted that shit to happen.

ANYWAY. Shhhh. That's all behind me now. So, can we just forget it PLEASE?

X
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Great Video

Approval Junkies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxhYEk2xVuU

Boxing requires skill, athletisism damn hard work - the same as most sports. Nothing immoral with violence if everybody involved is willing.
    Weekender Offender 
    :yes: I agree. I think sports like that are just wrong really, but I do enjoy them.
    X

... You might be the first person I have ever spoken to who finds all contact sports immoral simply because they involve contact :eek2: . Whatever, at least you're consistent.
    Jordan's boyfriend is an MMA fighter, not a boxer. And not a very good one, either.

How anyone can say combat sports are immoral because they involve "hurting people" is beyond me. Have you ever considered the people involved actually might enjoy the competition? That there's a difference between consensual violence and slapping someone at random you meet on the street?
    Well, isn't one of the main rules in society, and what most people are raised to believe... Do not hurt anybody else.

therefore, watching two people hurt one another, and then those two people being payed seems immoral to me.

Anyway, Yeah I like boxing. But it is wrong.
    X

Nah. The rule is, don't hurt anybody without their consent.

I don't much like boxing either. But that's just a preference, a matter of personal taste. If two people freely choose to beat the shit out of each other, then I can't work out where morality even comes into it.
    I'd rather they were beating the shit out of each other in a ring in a controlled environment out of choice than on the streets and hurting others.
    Carolina wrote: »
    I'd rather they were beating the shit out of each other in a ring in a controlled environment out of choice than on the streets and hurting others.

I once heard boxing described as "a good way to keep two muggers far from the center of town on a Friday night".
    jesus crust some shite bein talked in this thread
    z- wrote: »
    jesus crust some shite bein talked in this thread

Whatever, pussy.

;)
    I used to do boxing and I have to say I loved it...its a very technical sport and the rush you get from getting into the ring is brilliant...I wouldnt say its barbaric as each fighter is put into a weight class and they would not be fighting unless they have had extensive training before hand......
    So quick question to those who disagree with boxing - do you feel that way about martial arts as well?
    So quick question to those who disagree with boxing - do you feel that way about martial arts as well?

Nope. Actually, the original Karate Kid film is my fave all time film. I'm fucked up :yeees:

Haha... see I do disagree with all contact sports really :p but I do Judo, and I used to do kick boxing. :p

I do love watching boxing, and wrestling (spelling?) but I do also disagree with them...
    X

I do love watching boxing, and wrestling (spelling?) but I do also disagree with them...
    X
    Does that not make you a hypocrite?