Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No advance single tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I want to book a train for Monday 4th January, but there aren't any cheap singles. Is this because they haven't been released yet, or because they've sold out? Are returns for those dates released before the advance singles?

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    As far as I recall fares are released 3 months ahead of the travel date, so they might just be all gone as it's jsut after new years weekend, so it'd be a popular time to travel i'd guess.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It is likely they are not yet released, mainly they are available up until the 3rd dependant on the TOC and engineering works.

Tickets are usually released on a Monday or Friday so keep checking. Most TOC's will have an 'alert me' facility that will email you the day they are released.

Here are the current dates that advance tickets are available to (Mon-Fri only, weekend dates are difference):

Arriva Trains Wales
    11 Dec
    Ferry reservations to Ireland open until 12 December.

CrossCountry
    25 Dec

East Midlands Trains
    Liverpool - Norwich route
    11 Dec

London route
    11 Dec

East Midlands Trains are not open for reservations on Saturday 21 November for services starting or terminating at Nottingham or East Midlands Parkway

First Great Western
    30 Dec

First Hull Trains
    11 Dec

First TransPennine Express
    11 Dec
    First Transpennine Express services are open up to Saturday 19 December on the Anglo - Scottish route

London Midland
    11 Dec

National Express East Anglia
    25 Dec

National Express East Coast
    01 Jan

ScotRail
    25 Dec

Scotrail Sleeper services are open up to Wednesday 30 December (services do not run 24, 25, 31 December or 01 January)

South West Trains
    11 Dec

Virgin Trains
    14 Dec
  • Options
    It seems they released the cheap tickets now - thanks for your replies! :)
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    It is likely they are not yet released, mainly they are available up until the 3rd dependant on the TOC and engineering works.

Tickets are usually released on a Monday or Friday so keep checking. Most TOC's will have an 'alert me' facility that will email you the day they are released.

Here are the current dates that advance tickets are available to (Mon-Fri only, weekend dates are difference):

Arriva Trains Wales
    11 Dec
    Ferry reservations to Ireland open until 12 December.

CrossCountry
    25 Dec

East Midlands Trains
    Liverpool - Norwich route
    11 Dec

London route
    11 Dec

East Midlands Trains are not open for reservations on Saturday 21 November for services starting or terminating at Nottingham or East Midlands Parkway

First Great Western
    30 Dec

First Hull Trains
    11 Dec

First TransPennine Express
    11 Dec
    First Transpennine Express services are open up to Saturday 19 December on the Anglo - Scottish route

London Midland
    11 Dec

National Express East Anglia
    25 Dec

National Express East Coast
    01 Jan

ScotRail
    25 Dec

Scotrail Sleeper services are open up to Wednesday 30 December (services do not run 24, 25, 31 December or 01 January)

South West Trains
    11 Dec

Virgin Trains
    14 Dec

Do you receive the booking horizons info?