Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

job :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had to walk out of my job about 2 months ago (damn it goes quick) and rather sad about losing it i was "i dont care anymore" and didnt look for a job within these months. I passed my driving test and now thats the positive for me to get a job (so i can put fuel in it etc) but i have a few problems

I have allways been a "if i want the job, ill go for it" rather than any old job stacking shelves or waiting at a table... I know its stupid in this huge unemployment but i dont want to go to a more of a sh**er job than i was in.

Ive looked in local newspapers, jobsites (they r a waste of space) and companys around my area. At some point ill signup to a agency and im on the jobcentre so i look there alot

where else can i look?
Any tips on jobs that i might have overlooked?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    student advice centers? even if you've left school/uni, some of them still give advice to their past students.

in jobs these days, its not what you know, its who you know. so start fishing in your network of personal contacts for openings. trying to break in somewhere if you dont know anyone is incredibly difficult.

is all i can say. its open season now, happy hunting!
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Joshmeister,
    it sounds like you're getting a bit frustrated with your job search which isn't surprising given the current unemployment problem!
    You don't say what it is you're interested in doing - you know what you don't want to do (shelf-stacking), but what do you want to do?
    Often it's easier to reach goals if they're clearly defined - once you know what you want, it's easier to work out how to get there.
    This article on how to work out what you want and get proper career advice (not just the rubbish sort you sometimes get at school) might be useful.
    Good luck - let us know how you get on.