Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

which country do you avoid?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ... That's a lot of places... Hold on. East london? You live in london....???
    X
    What's wrong with Essex?... I admit i'm not from around here, but it's a nice looking place.
    I'll tell you were you don't want to go. Lancing.
    Enough said...
    X
    Mr CW wrote: »
    What's wrong with Essex?... I admit i'm not from around here, but it's a nice looking place.
    I think the question you need to be asking is, "what's NOT wrong with Essex?".

Although, saying that, Colchester is nice.
    Franki wrote: »

Well, apart from the squaddies :)

Can't say as i've ever had an issue with living in Essex.

I do believe you was going to PM me about WoW also.. but i never got the PM?..
    Besides Antartica, nowhere. There are some places in countries (like the middle east or the UK :p) I wouldn't run down the road with the US flag as a cape, but these same places have such a rich and interesting history, not to mention how beautiful the cities and touristy places are, it would be a shame to never visit or put them off a list.
    my name wrote: »
    Besides Antartica, nowhere. There are some places in countries (like the middle east or the UK :p) I wouldn't run down the road with the US flag as a cape, but these same places have such a rich and interesting history, not to mention how beautiful the cities and touristy places are, it would be a shame to never visit or put them off a list.

The lovely area near my house, that the tourist probaly shouldn't see....

Xx
    I'll tell you were you don't want to go. Lancing.
    Enough said...
    X

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8288441.stm

you know, as soon as I saw the headline I went "that'll be lancing"
    Lancing brings shame to the rest of west sussex.. that's why I'm proud to be a norvvan at heart :thumb:
    X
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8288441.stm

you know, as soon as I saw the headline I went "that'll be lancing"
    Lancing brings shame to the rest of west sussex.. that's why I'm proud to be a norvvan at heart :thumb:
    X

East Sussex dicks all over west. :thumb:
    Lol x

Just sussex in genral is s h i t. I like Brighton and that's about it... but I wouldn't live there! Sussex is just full of old people, chavs, and more old people.
    X
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks mate.
    I personally like to do a bit of both, I do agree that holidays should have some element of relaxtion...could be by a pool, could be a beach or even in the countryside somewhere beautiful if the country isn't a hot one. But I also enjoy sight seeing, experiencing different culture's, trying the local food and taking in the scenery of the place. I'd feel a bit cheated if I spent shit loads of money on a holiday to somewhere amazing, only to spend the whole 2 weeks by the swimming pool of my all inclusive hotel, which may aswell be in England but with warmer weather.
    Ideally, a holiday for me would incorporate all of the above...aswell as excessive drinking and going out.
    But it depends on the type of holiday too. Obviously what I'm looking for in a holiday would be different if I was going on a lads holiday to Ibiza for 2 weeks, than if I was spending 4 months travelling Eastern Europe and Russia with people I meet along the way. But I'd thoroughly enjoy both.

Exactly.

To be honest, the thought of lying on a beach for two weeks is my idea of absolute hell on earth. It's where dirt meets water. Get over it.
    Mr CW wrote:
    Where you live? Odessa? It's beautiful down there!

Krasnodar and Sochi. Took trips to Rostov, Taganrog, Taman and a few places up the coast. Absolutely lovely.

I generally dislike the heat and hot countries in general. When it's hot, you can't get anything done. You sit all day marinading in your own sweat praying for a time of day when it's cool enough to move. That, amigos, is not a holiday. That is a method of extracting sensitive information.

Just got to say, i :heart: colchester, all my family live there :)
    bornemouth................................................mainly on human rights grounds for most of them...

He he :D
    MrG wrote: »
    Well, apart from the squaddies :)

No, BECAUSE of them :)
    Finland: there is nothing there
    Croatia: see Finland
    Turkmenistan: stupid name
    Sudan: They shit on the floor
    Burma: Obvious and various reasons
    Thailand: A country taken over by luvvies who love to say how cool Thailand is when in the end its a poverty stricken rat infested shithole of a country where the only food you can get is hotter than the fires of the 7th layer of hell and made with rat meat thats been cooked to holy fuck.
    Brazil: Nice beaches, horrific child murder rate (by the other children) and just a really stupid country.

Thats it really, everywere else not a desert like Yemen is cool!
    Smartie wrote: »
    Just got to say, i :heart: colchester, all my family live there :)

hooray for colchester

Winter sports? Arora borealis? Ice hotels?

Croatia has stunning beaches, Roman ruins and culture in spades.

As for Turkmenistan having a stupid name, it's the home of the Turkmen people. What do you expect it to be called?
    hooray for colchester

:thumb: hooray!
    i'd just like to add colchester to my list full of squaddies and horrible train station and no nice restaurants...
    Winter sports? Arora borealis? Ice hotels?

Croatia has stunning beaches, Roman ruins and culture in spades.

As for Turkmenistan having a stupid name, it's the home of the Turkmen people. What do you expect it to be called?

I don't do winter sports, you can see the borealis better from Norway but since they originate from the arctic and drift over Norway/Siberia/Northern Sweden first I find it hard to give Finland credit for them and the ice hotel is a nice idea but any hotel where you can't really do anything but freeze your arse off is not a good idea in my opinion.

Croatia always skewed my opinion when a mate was working as director of an unnamed company there and needed a couple of bodyguards around the clock and was driven to work in an armoured car so while it would be nice seeing the arcitecture of the gothic cathedrals/romans there I don't think I would ever stop looking over my shoulder... so might do well to face away from it.

I don't expect Turkmenistan to be called anything other than Turkmenistan, but that still does not make me think that Turkmenistan is a good name for a country if they want to attract idiotic picky bastard tourists like myself they should change it to LooLooLand.

We can happily debate the vices and virtues of all the countries mentioned in my list or indeed in this thread but you wont change my opinion by telling me something I already know about a country and dismissed with an attempted humorous comment :thumb:
    But Finland does use the Euro which is useful if you're travelling.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, I'm asking you to explain it.

As for Turkmenistan, that's a retarded reason to not like it, but you're entitled to your opinion, however stupid it may be.

Until recently, you could have seen the greatest leader of all time in office there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurat_Niyazov
    Until recently, you could have seen the greatest leader of all time in office there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurat_Niyazov

That guy is AWESOME - If you are gonna be a dictator you may as well have a bit of fun with it!
    Niyazov requested that a palace of ice be built near the capital, though Turkmenistan is a desert country with a hot and arid environment. The palace was never built.

If he was still president i would consider going now!
    This seems like a thread that is perfectly designed for 1) wildly inaccurate generalisations and 2) arguments and insults.

There is no country I would avoid for its own sake. However, I don't really like roughing it, so would avoid anywhere I can't stay somewhere comfortable.
    If I had the opportunity, I would avoid the UK and emigrate to Germany. Or Hawaii :-)
    Krasnodar and Sochi. Took trips to Rostov, Taganrog, Taman and a few places up the coast. Absolutely lovely.

Can't say i've been there.. i've not seen a huge amount of the coast on the black sea, but what i have seen was very nice! I'll go back again someday..

Also, there are nice restaurants in Colchester if you know where to look.
    Turkmenistan: stupid name
    Sudan: They shit on the floor
    Burma: Obvious and various reasons
    Thailand: A country taken over by luvvies who love to say how cool Thailand is when in the end its a poverty stricken rat infested shithole of a country where the only food you can get is hotter than the fires of the 7th layer of hell and made with rat meat thats been cooked to holy fuck.
    Brazil: Nice beaches, horrific child murder rate (by the other children) and just a really stupid country.

Thats it really, everywere else not a desert like Yemen is cool!

haha. i love this. vietnam is flooding the web these days...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    jamelia wrote: »
    This seems like a thread that is perfectly designed for 1) wildly inaccurate generalisations and 2) arguments and insults.

True, but at least we have people like Thunderstruck/SCC to challenge people's questionable comments. :)
    It's nice to feel wanted now and again :)
    I would avoid the countries where people constantly hassle you to buy stuff from them all the time.

especially where they try and use emotional blackmail to sell to you.