Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone watched this yet? It's brilliant. The usual Charlie Brooker, but with games instead of TV programmes.

iPlayer link.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oohh haven't seen that.... I like Charlie Brooker. I have to say... he could of come up with a more origanal name!! I "gameswipe" sounds a lot like "screenwipe" haha
    X
    Saw an episode last night. I dunno if it was the first or not.

Made me really miss the days of the snes and megadrive for some reason.
    snes and megadrive QUOTE]
    Sorry to sound thick- but what are they??
    X
    LaLaLa wrote: »
    Sorry to sound thick- but what are they??
    X

They were game consoles in the 1990's :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megadrive
    Woah.
    X
    You know you're getting old when the yoof have never heard of the Snes or megadrive. :shocking:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    You know you're getting old when the yoof have never heard of the Snes or megadrive. :shocking:

Yeah but seriously.... those things are like... :eek:
    X
    we had a snes and a sega megadrive in our common room in 6th year, retro gaming ftw
    We had a snes in uni, if only I went to class instead of playing mario all day. :D
    Yerascrote wrote: »

My thoughts exactly!

I'm gonna have to look out for this show, Charlie started his career doing reviews for games magazines so atleast he know's what he's talking about unlike half the tits you get on T.V.
    It was a one off, though the ratings have been far higher than screenwipe or newswipe - so who knows if it might get a series.

One thing's for certain, it's hard to imagine the BBC being in a rush to comission it - so worth writing in or emailing to say you liked to.

I loved the show itself, and it was fucking excellent to see Rab and Ryan on the show, shame contractual problems stopped them getting Yatzee
    And as to Rab and Ryan, it's always worth checking out Consolevania - imho opinion the best game show ever made.
    i'd forgotten how amazing the dreamcast was. far superior to the orginal playstation and possibly on a par with the first xbox too.
    Jim V wrote: »
    I loved the show itself, and it was fucking excellent to see Rab and Ryan on the show, shame contractual problems stopped them getting Yatzee

Yatzee's overrated anyway, The stuff he does now is nowhere near as good as the original stuff he was doing over at somethingawful when he was doing it just for fun.
    It was fantastic. I particularly enjoyed the part when Mr Charlton Brooker was given backstories to those enemies "Oh their only Nazis!" Earlier today it was the second most watched programme on BBC iPlayer.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Jim V wrote: »
    shame contractual problems stopped them getting Yatzee
    It seemed as if some of it was actually written for dear Mr. Croshaw.
    Brooker know's his stuff, he's a huge gamer.. I've crossed swords with him a couple of times now at events.

As i said, he started his career writing for a PC game magazine while working
    in a game shop.