Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seriously finding it difficult

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
to speak up in seminars.. it's daft because i need to be discussing my ideas but because i get anxious and self-conscious i just look down and avoid involvement. it's also daft because i am now in my third year at uni, and i haven't grown out of it or become used to it.. anyone else have this problem? any advice? :nervous:

i am already taking herbal remedies and talking to a counsellor :(

Comments

• Options
    If you're in a large group, I can understand why you could find it hard to speak out loud. Just take it one step at a time... give others eye contact when they speak, then maybe respond to their views. Then start to share your own...
    sorry I'm not very useful with these kinds of things! Put I'd say, just take it one step at a time...
    X
  • Options
    I've found this kinda thing hard, but unless you are going into a career where you need to speak in front of people, then I personally don't see a real need to change, unless you really want to be good at public speaking. You could look into going to classes for that if you want to learn.