Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Song recognition

I'm looking for a site or software that will let you upload a WAV or MP3 clip then it identifies the song. Indeed, MP3s should have the song title in the filename but I'm ripping small song samples from Flash files, Youtube videos and Mpeg videos where I'm not informed on what the song(s) are. I have several clips saved up over the years.

Any pointers would be great thanks.

P.S. I've found Shazam which supports the various phone platforms but it does not support any computer platforms yet.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Stick it up on here?
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I'm looking for a site or software that will let you upload a WAV or MP3 clip then it identifies the song. Indeed, MP3s should have the song title in the filename but I'm ripping small song samples from Flash files, Youtube videos and Mpeg videos where I'm not informed on what the song(s) are. I have several clips saved up over the years.

Any pointers would be great thanks.

P.S. I've found Shazam which supports the various phone platforms but it does not support any computer platforms yet.

I doubt that there is such a site. A music file has 'space' within it to store the artist and song information but if this is left 'unfilled' for whatever reason, I don't see how there is any way to identify the song.
    Winamp has an auto tag thing that is supported by gracenote to name the song automatically