Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Did I scare this guy off...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Caution.. any guy who is grossed out by womenly issues you may want to quit reading this.

I'm a 23 year old bartender in a restaurant in Florida where I have been working for 3 years. During the 3 years I have been flirting with the same guy but nothing has happened until the last few months. We all go out after work a lot and he ended up coming back to my place a couple times.. the rest is history. This has been going on a couple times every week with the exception of the last 3 weeks when we have both been out of town separately. He got back into town on Tuesday and asked me to pick him up from the airport which I did. We ended up having lots of drinks and going back to his house to hang out. When we got there I went in to use the bathroom and everything was fine. We started to mess around on the couch and then took it to his room. After we were done he got up to use the bathroom while I laid in bed. He then yelled from the bathroom, "Um, are you on your period?" I told him I wasn't considering I had just gone to the bathroom earlier and hadn't seen a thing all day. I then looked down to see I was laying in a big spot of blood and apparently had started in the middle of what we were doing. I stripped the sheets from the bed and put them in the washer. He then proceeded to act so weird to me and even said "Aren't girls supposed to know when you're starting?" I told him that in my defense I had thought for sure it would be next week since I'm very regular and that this was 4 days earlier. I was pretty drunk and he said I could stay but I called my roommate to pick me up. Since then I texted him to apologize and he hasn't said a word. We work different shifts at work so I haven't seen him yet either (I will tomorrow night). I really like him and I'm pretty sure he at least LIKED me until this happened. That night he was really into me telling me how hot I was, how good I smell, how funny I am.. etc etc. To make matters worse (and I find this pretty immature) he has updated his facebook status the last two days with things pertaining to it, basically saying how grossed out he is. Today's said "Trudged through some mud earlier, hopefully next week I can stick something and get bloody on my own terms" (he hunts and fishes). Overall I'm not sure what to do about the situation, and don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated and I apologize for how long this is.. thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok to start with he just sounded a bit wiered out by what happened but after you mentioned the facebook thing it makes me think hes just a douche. He's obviously not very mentally mature and you could probably do a lot better
    He's a twatbag. I'm sure you got on well, and chemistry was there, but it takes time to see the real person.

This, is him.
    That's what makes it even harder.. we have been friends for 3 years. He's actually a really good guy, one of the best I know. He had a girlfriend for about a year a while ago and he treated her awesome.
    He sounds like an immature little man. I wouldnt bother with him.
    Did he really treat her all that awesome if he got so freaked out by a period? Was she on seasonique or only see her 3 weeks a month :p

Sure, the situation is awkward and both parties probably would rather it not happen but you were adult, helped clean up, he was an immature dick. I've seen boys getting their first "this is what happens to women" talk in school act more mature.

As Click says, you may have had chemestry, he may have seemed like great guy... but eventually the real guy comes out.
    my name wrote: »
    Did he really treat her all that awesome if he got so freaked out by a period? Was she on seasonique or only see her 3 weeks a month :p

Sure, the situation is awkward and both parties probably would rather it not happen but you were adult, helped clean up, he was an immature dick. I've seen boys getting their first "this is what happens to women" talk in school act more mature.

As Click says, you may have had chemestry, he may have seemed like great guy... but eventually the real guy comes out.

I guess I don't know how he treated her when it came to their sexual relationship and things dealing with her period haha. I guess I kinda wonder if he's trying to act like this to get a rise out of me. If he quits talking to me because of that then it's just ridiculous considering he's 26 years old.
    But you'll have only seen what was visible to outsiders. He probably had a panic attack when she sneezed, or kicked her out of the house if she farted in bed. Heck, you can imagine what could happen if she dribbled whilst asleep on his arm watching a movie... ;)

Funny how daft some people are about this kinda thing. It's a bit of blood. It's no less desireable than the other fluids your body creates, but the chances are he didn't find any of those unappealling.

What are the odds that despite throwing a hissy-fit at this, had it not happened he'd have contemplated taking you up the bum in the not too distant future? ;)
    For the record i don't have any issues with having sex while someone's on their period so long it's not too heavy...

However, i know some guys who do get freaked out by it. It's possible he's just not comfortable with the idea of sticking his bits in something covered in blood, Just take him to one side and ask him outright, did it freak it him out, is he uncomfortable with it?!...

It's happened to every bloke atleast once..
    I agree that not everybody is comfortable with it and some are even freaked out by it, but that is NO excuse to act like such a dchild about it.
    I agree. I can kind of understand him being a bit grossed out by it, but to make a reference to it on Facebook is unnecessary and childish. It's not like it's your fault - it's a totally natural thing and can't be helped. You've apologised and he must know it's quite embarrassing for you - if he really liked you, why would he do anything to make it worse for you?
    We don't know if it was really a reference to it, it could even have been tongue in cheek... i know i've been taken the wrong way in the past cause i have a somewhat... warped sense of humour.
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I agree. I can kind of understand him being a bit grossed out by it, but to make a reference to it on Facebook is unnecessary and childish. It's not like it's your fault - it's a totally natural thing and can't be helped. You've apologised and he must know it's quite embarrassing for you - if he really liked you, why would he do anything to make it worse for you?

Yea I agree.